VC to Rockets in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sources have cited heavy talks between the Nets & Rockets that center around Vince Carter heading to Houston. The two teams have reportedly exchanged a couple offers already and are hung up on who New Jersey will take in return.

So far, reports pointed at a potential Vince Carter and Trenton Hassell for Tracy McGrady trade, however the same reports suggested that the Nets are balking over having to take on McGrady's contract. McGrady is scheduled to make $22 million during the 09-10 season...however it would be the final year of his current deal. The point is that even if the Nets are persuaded to exchange Carter for McGrady, they would still head into the much anticipated 2010 off-season with a ton of cash to spend.

Other sources have claimed that the Nets sent over a proposal that sends Vince Carter and Josh Boone to Houston in exchange for Ron Artest, Shane Battier, Luther Head and Carl Landry.

Though the Rockets have been long known to be the heavy favorite in a Vince Carter deal, the Spurs, Cavaliers, and Mavericks are also said to be interested. -AE

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That would be cool to see McGrady and Carter teamed up again.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Agreed, but I think McGrady would probably be part of the deal though.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I'm the Nets, I take the second deal. I wouldn't risk taking in T-Mac and his injuries.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well Rip, if I were the Rockets I wouldn't even be offering the second deal. Two good vets, two pretty decent young guys, for a so so big man and a guy who will just jack up shots all game?

Id rather get rid of McGrady.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ahh, that is true.

I just want to see VC and TMac lol.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
lol yeah, it would be cool if VC & T-Mac could be reunited, but if the trade did happen, it looks very unlikely. That is, if the Nets go with the smarter and better trade for them.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I'm the Nets, I'd take McGrady for Vince. I mean we all know that the Nets are going to trade Carter no matter what. We also know that the Nets aren't going to acquire anything that takes away from the amount of freed up cap space they plan to have come the 2010 off-season.

Like I said in the initial post, trading Vince Carter saves them $21 million over the next couple of seasons & McGrady becomes a Free Agent after next season.

This trade would not only attract a lot of media attention but McGrady will sell tickets for the Nets in the meantime.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
This is a stupid move, keep McGrady in Houston, but still send Carter out there... They know how to work together, they are cousins, and they were on the Raptors together.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If im moving VC im getting T-mac definetly.

Cleveland needs to make a move for vince

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have a good feeling. Ron artest isnt a ticket seller like t-mac is.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
Yeah, but Artest isn't as injury prone as T-Mac, plus T-Mac is 0-11, if I'm not mistaking, in the playoffs

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This squad wouldnt do nothing in the playoffs anyway.

T-Pain is a better player than artest period. He's one of the names in the nba up there with lebron,kobe,wade and shaq and nash his name sells tickets. Even if his play isnt as great as it once was.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, but Artest isn't as injury prone as T-Mac, plus T-Mac is 0-11, if I'm not mistaking, in the playoffs
Unless your the Lakers, it takes more than 1 guy to win in any game.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
Unless your the Lakers, it takes more than 1 guy to win in any game.
I understand what you're getting at, but remember this... it takes more then one guy to win, but it only takes one guy to lose

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the 2nd trade was what NJ offered... Houston is the one balking on it right now cuz they're giving away 3 defensive stalwarts for VC

and to me, VC and Boone are NOT worth all 3 of those players. that's unless of course NJ is including draft picks

and TMac actually performed well in last season's playoffs - problem is Yao was out the entire series

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
Yeah, but Yao sucks anyway, so regardless, Yao won't fix anything

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they do anything, now's the time I think
NJ visits Houston tonight
well, maybe after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%