Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Your basically saying the same thing I said...lol

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because people feel so sorry for them that they go. OBVIOUSLY

But no, idk maybe it's just me. I just don't share this love for all O and no D like everyone else does. It's actually boring and ridiculous for me to see teams having scores of 120+ at the end of regulation, not OT, in the regular periods.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because people feel so sorry for them that they go. OBVIOUSLY

But no, idk maybe it's just me. I just don't share this love for all O and no D like everyone else does. It's actually boring and ridiculous for me to see teams having scores of 120+ at the end of regulation, not OT, in the regular periods.
I think thats exciting but its usually between the Suns and Warriors lol.

I like seeing high scoring games. Scoring is more exciting than watching them play up on each other IMO but Im offensive minded

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't like watching teams with no defense, especially if its the team I root for. I'd rather see a missed shot then a break down on defense.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thought of the moment

Magic may be the last true tall pg we ever see. Idk what it is but tall pgs are built to last in this league anymore. I remember all the hype penny got. My dad tells me all the time how penny used to be the man back in the day and how injuries robbed him of a HOF career. Then my generation had its tall PG come out in Shaun Livingston. I for sure thought Shaun would bethe next superstar. I collected every shaun livingston rookie card I could get my hands on. His career didnt take off to the extent I would've hoped for but he did okay. Until the leg incident. I hope he gets out of OKC and goes to a place where he would eventually have a chance to start again. But yeah all this only makes me appreciate magic's greatness even more.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Michael Jordan

First of all, congratulations. His place in the basketball world has officially been set in stone with his induction to the HOF. Truly one of the best if not the best ever to play the game, the man that we must all thank for making the game what it is today.

But what's getting to me is that, why do people hang on to him so much that people depreciate people like Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dywane Wade, Anthony, and all of these other and coming stars?

It's as if people are okay with having Jordan be as good as what he was. Once someone else comes along, another wing man that plays the same in any way, which is just to be dominant in every which way of the game, people are quick to bash them and say that Jordan was better.

I don't understand why we can't just appreciate what James, Bryant, Wade, and all the other stars are bringing to the game? Sure, there are some stars that some people will hate because of their attitudes, antics, etc. but at the end of the day they're all doing the same thing to do what we want as fans, and that's to entertain us on the basketball court.

The athleticism and skills today we see today is phenomenal, but to cut it short and make it simple; Why are there those people okay with having Jordan be what he was, a man most claim revolutionized the game, but then don't want to see anything close to him again? It's like the old timers holding onto their old values because the game is changing, what's there to be scared of? It's pretty much set that few will ever come close to challenging him as the GOAT.

So why must these others be depreciated because of a man that doesn't even play anymore? What do you people want?

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it has to do more with the era they palyed in. A lot of old timers feel the game has been watered down and built for superstars like bron,kobe to succeed. Ans all they can identify with is that era of basketball. But I agree we dont have to critique the new guys and not appreciate the special ability they are showing. Because guys like kobe,lebron and etc dont come around often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%