Two Eagles fined 10k for TD Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Philadelphia Eagles rookies DeSean Jackson and Quintin Demps each were fined $10,000 for posing after Jackson scored on a punt return in the Eagles' 23-17 loss to the Redskins last weekend.

No flag was thrown at the time in the game.

Both players told the Delaware County Daily Times that they would appeal.

"Yeah, that's crazy," Jackson told the newspaper.

Demps joined Jackson in the end zone after Jackson's 68-yard punt return gave the Eagles a 14-0 lead in the first quarter.

The two celebrated by turning toward each other, with arms folded and heads bobbing -- a violation of the league's rule against "prolonged, excessive, premeditated or choreographed celebrations, particularly after scoring plays."

Demps did not believe the two did anything excessive.

"Definitely I'm appealing," Demps said, according to the Daily Times. "I don't think it [warranted a fine]."

In addition, Eagles linebacker Tank Daniels was fined $5,000 for grabbing Redskins receiver Antwaan Randle El's facemask during a punt return. Daniels also plans to appeal.

.dk92

AMAZING
Reaction score
If you are going to be fined for a dance...make sure its good.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
This has to be the worst TD Dance ever

But Yea I agree, if you gonna get fined, make sure it's a good one.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
what the hell is so bad about this?

Goodell needs to pull the rod outta his %%% and let the players have fun

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ronnie Brown was fined for "excessive celebration" as well too.

$10K

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
give it a break NFL... it's the only sport where they care... MLB, guys are goin these handshakes and stuff, thats all coordinated. How about soccer, soccer does it all the time, all these sports do it but the NFL has to be the ones to ruin the fun.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
give it a break NFL... it's the only sport where they care... MLB, guys are goin these handshakes and stuff, thats all coordinated. How about soccer, soccer does it all the time, all these sports do it but the NFL has to be the ones to ruin the fun.
The NFL didn't have a problem with celebrations until a few @ssholes started hiding foreign objects in their uniforms and under goalposts....to use as props in their end zone celebrations.

Being that it's too hard to judge what is right and what is wrong...the NFL just said "act like you've been there before" or your getting flagged & fined.

I loved the "Mile High Salue" and the "Dirty Bird"...but unfortunately a few ruined it for everybody.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
all sports do it, i know its hard to tell whats right and wrong, but do they really thing crossin their arms and bobbing theirs heads is innapropriate?

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Yea, Joe Horn and his Cell Phone, WTF?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
ya, i remember that one. That one raised a few eyebrows.

hitman99

Reaction score
thing with Baseball which has a lot of celebration is that it happens in the dugout while the game continues on the field. Goodell is just an old school guy who doesn't believe much in the entertainment of the game. He thinks if you want entertainment you should go watch WWE.

A little celebration isn't bad but it does get excessive at points (ie. Steve Smith and Chad Johnson). It's received the nickname "No Fun League" for a reason and players know not to do it unless they want to be fined so oh well. It's not going to change though you can see more and more players not get involved like Jake Long was suppose to join the 3 Dolphins who danced but backed out because of the fine.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
thats the problem their keeping people from having fun out there. Let them celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%