The Thunder Could Trade Down for Curry

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From hoopsworld.com
Oklahoma City has a Stephen Curry fixation. The Thunder attended all of Curry's home games at Davidson this past season and is looking at him as a potential shooting guard. But they'll almost certainly move down from the No. 3 pick if they decide to take him. Scouts are not only high on Curry's shooting, but also think he can make players better around him. "When you look at that Davidson team, they barely had any other Division I players," said one scout.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After seeing this and Walsh saying the only player he would trade up for would be Thabeet this scares me lol

I dont want either player, and I dont get all this talk about Curry being a playmaker, he struggled playing point for Davidson, idk what everyone else was watching, he turned the ball over too much and isnt the pass first point guard that we need, he's just another Nate Robinson with a better jumper and not by that much.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Plus they don't need another shooter...Durant can already shoot lights out.

But if Curry can be that playmaking PG, that'd be real good.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they want him so badly...just use the effing 3rd overall pick to take him.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
If they want him so badly...just use the effing 3rd overall pick to take him.
Might as well trade down and get another pick considering nobody else is going to take him that early in the draft.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
He'd play SG for OKC wouldn't he? Not PG because they have Westbrook.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im telling you he is juan dixon part 2. I know this man. Dude is getting real overhyped.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The fact they say he's a PG/playmaker amazes me, thats enough overhyping right there lol

Dont get me wrong, he is from the city, so I wish him the best, I hope he proves me wrong but since the combo guard has emerged how many have made the transistion from combo to PG?

Deron Williams is the only guy I can think of.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I thought deron was more of a 1 in college. He always seemed to be a poor mans j-kidd in college.

Look at randy foye, look at j-critt and etc its not easy to change positions. Only two i can think off of the top of my head that succeeded has been monta. And d-wade if you considered him a point while at marquette.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Guy will be a nice 6th man IMO. Nothing more.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess Williams could be considered a 1, cause I thought of him as a JKidd clone too, but I wouldnt even say Wade did it, cause Travis Diener manned the PG position at Marquette, Monta idk since I never really got to see him play in HS.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've seen footage of him. He was basically a two guard. Steve Francis could be considered too i guess. Since he played the two at maryland. But a large reason for his success is that he was such a athletic freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%