Rondo Wants Long-Term Celtics Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rajon Rondo is hopeful he can be a Celtic long after the Big Three are gone. General manager Danny Ainge said yesterday that the $2.09 million team option on Rondo for the 2009-10 season will be exercised before this season. Rondo and his agent, Bill Duffy, said they are happy about the decision and they are hoping to ink a long-term deal next summer. Rondo will be eligible for a lucrative long-term deal next summer that would begin with the 2010-11 season. Signing him next summer as opposed to when he is a restricted free agent during the hot 2010 market will have salary cap implications for Boston. Duffy plans to push hard for a long-term deal; Ainge does not comment on free agent issues.

Hoffa

Reaction score
Give him what he wants, he is turning out to be a stud! And his a Wildcat so, I'm happy to see him get a ring!

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We'll see how he does this year.. I still question his basketball IQ and he still has that awful shot, but he does whats needed for a point guard.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i agree with elcheato
but i'd still give him a nice deal

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
I never want him to leave Boston. Give him the deal he wants aslong as its not unreasonable.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
They will probably give him a nice deal because he has gotten alot more agressive about going to the hoop and making great plays when there needed. Give him a few more years to work on his shot and he'll become a great point guard.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
They will probably give him a nice deal because he has gotten alot more agressive about going to the hoop and making great plays when there needed. Give him a few more years to work on his shot and he'll become a great point guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%