Roddick, Wade to play H-O-R-S-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
MIAMI -- The Miami Heat practice court is hardly Andy Roddick's best surface -- especially when the opponent is Dwyane Wade.

Roddick and fellow tennis pro Mardy Fish plan to play Wade in H-O-R-S-E. The game is tentatively set for Sunday following Heat practice, although the tennis players' schedules may necessitate a change.

For Wade, victory should be a slam dunk. He's the NBA scoring leader, while Roddick always disparages his basketball abilities.

Roddick and Fish are in South Florida for the Sony Ericsson Open.

"Mardy's actually got a pretty good shot," fellow tennis pro James Blake said. "Hopefully the cameras will be rolling and you can watch Andy throw up a few bricks. ... If they're both together and they get about five extra letters, they might -- no, they still don't have a chance."
Now that is a must watch

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Haha, nice quote by James Blake.

I definately want to see video of this after it happens.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Next they'll play a game of tennis

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
MIAMI -- Andy Roddick says he'll likely be unable to accept Dwyane Wade's offer to play H-O-R-S-E.

The Miami Heat announced that Wade would play Roddick and fellow tennis pro Mardy Fish on the team's practice court following Sunday's workout. But a few hours later, Roddick said his next match in the Sony Ericsson Open will be the same day, likely preventing him from taking on Wade.

"I'm kind of mad," Roddick said after winning his opening match Friday night. "He's like my favorite athlete. So I'm just going to have to pull out -- of the tournament."

Roddick was joking: He's certain to show for his next match against Dmitry Tursunov.
Damn, I was looking forward to this too.. <_<

VC15

Reaction score
Good that it got canceled. That would have been more useless than that outdoor NBA scrimmage last year.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Dang, too bad it isn`t going to happen. There will be other chances, hopefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%