Richardson Busted for Excessive Speeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
from fanhouse.com
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Feb. 16) -- Phoenix Suns guard Jason Richardson was arrested in Scottsdale after police said he was driving 55 mph above the limit with his unrestrained 3-year-old son in the car.
A Scottsdale police officer first saw Richardson driving 67 mph in a 40 mph zone Sunday night and followed him, police said Monday. That's when the officer clocked him at 90 mph in a 35 mph zone and pulled him over.
Police said Richardson admitted to speeding and identified himself as a Suns player. The officer saw Richardson's son in the back seat of the car and that he was not in a child seat.
Richardson said he had taken his son to dinner and was on his way home.
He was arrested and charges with reckless driving, excessive speeding and failure to use a child seat. He was released from jail after a few hours.
Police said Richardson's wife responded to the scene of the stop and took custody of the boy.
Richardson was cited in December on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol. He was stopped by a Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community police officer and accused of having a blood alcohol level above 0.08 percent and of failure to drive in one lane.
At the time, Richardson called the incident "one stupid mistake I made," and he said he hoped it wouldn't change the public's perception of him.
Richardson and forward Jared Dudley were traded in December 2008 to the Suns in exchange for guards Raja Bell and Sean Singletary, and forward Boris Diaw.

<Censored>ing dumbass no one cares if you go 90 in a 35, Just make sure the kid isn't with you wow...
###### up part is..the kid isn't even in a car seat..

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Wow. The speed doesn`t really matter, more so, that his kid was with him, and not in a car seat. A 3-yr old, in a car going 90 mph, not in a car seat?? I`m suprised, and thankful the kid is alright.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What an idiot.

vikesfan

Reaction score
Even if he didn't have his kid with him he shouldn't have sped that much. It obviously was a residential area with the speed limit only being 35 mph. He could have easily killed someone and himself at that speed. I bet he used one of those lines that arrigant athletes use such as "Don't you know who I am? What an idiot.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Even if he didn't have his kid with him he shouldn't have sped that much. It obviously was a residential area with the speed limit only being 35 mph. He could have easily killed someone and himself at that speed. I bet he used one of those lines that arrigant athletes use such as "Don't you know who I am? What an idiot.
True. Thankfully, noone was hurt, and I hope he starts riding a bike or something from now on, or at least be more careful on the road, because he definately is dangerous behind the wheel. I would`ve smacked him if I were the officer and he used one of those lines on me.

J-Rich:"You know who I am?"
Officer:"Your the guy who`s going to jail."
J-Rich:"I`m Jason Richardson."
Officer:"Congratulations. I`m officer who-gives-a-crap, get out of the car."

That`s how I would`ve handled it.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
from fanhouse.com

<Censored>ing dumbass no one cares if you go 90 in a 35, Just make sure the kid isn't with you wow...
###### up part is..the kid isn't even in a car seat..
Im sure glad I wont be driving anywhere near you....

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
This was stupid, but I'm pretty sure by the fact that no alcohol was involved in this case (at least it doesn't mention it), that he was probably just showing off to his kid.

"I wanna go fast" lol

Lake Louise

Reaction score
This was stupid, but I'm pretty sure by the fact that no alcohol was involved in this case (at least it doesn't mention it), that he was probably just showing off to his kid.

"I wanna go fast" lol
That`s the last time he let`s his kid watch Ricky Bobby. lol

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
I saw this on Sports Center (ESPN and the YES Network are the only channels I watch alot) I was like (F*cking d*ck head) He's stupid for doing something like this, I'm glad that noone was harmed during his driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%