Rasheed Wallace to Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When that time does come, there will be great young players who we can put around Rondo and Perkins to make this team back to where they were years before this happens.
Yeah...that's what they kept telling Paul Peirce all these years too.

By the way, Rondo & Perkins aren't anything to build a franchise around either. Both are support players, not "the guy". Rondo is way overrated and I really think playing alongside so many good defenders & shooters makes him look better than he really is.

Perkins is just garbage. Good defense...1 dimensional player.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah...that's what they kept telling Paul Peirce all these years too.

By the way, Rondo & Perkins aren't anything to build a franchise around either. Both are support players, not "the guy". Rondo is way overrated and I really think playing alongside so many good defenders & shooters makes him look better than he really is.

Perkins is just garbage. Good defense...1 dimensional player.
Thank you, atleast you see's what I see.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, if they are able to capture at least one more title..I'd be more than happy to sit back and watch them suck for a couple years before they get some pieces they can build around.

If not, then it all seems for naught..right?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thank you, atleast you see's what I see.
Just think about the future the Celtics hold:
- Kevin Garnett, 33 yrs old, set to make $17 million for 2010-2011 and $19.4 million for 2011-12
- Ray Allen, 33 yrs old, in the final year of his deal
- Paul Pierce, 31 yrs old, signed through 2010-2011
- Rasheed Wallace, 34 yrs old, [reportedly] signs 2-years @ MLE

Looks like 1 hell of an expensive group of old men by 2010-2011. Ray will most likely stick around for another year or 2 at MLE....but what kind of money do the Celtics have to continue to build with, if Garnett & PP's salaries continuing to sky-rocket at their mid-30's?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How is Perkins a bum? He is a pretty good defender, and actually kept Howard in check in the Boston-Magic series. He is developing an okay offensive game.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah Perkins will be a very solid player in this league. Not sure how he is a bum.

Also, if the Spurs can do it I think the Celtics can as well.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, he is developing an "okay" offensive game....he's figuring out how to get away with pushing off the defender while inside the paint.

I'm sorry but the Celtics aren't going to build jack around an overrated Rondo & an "okay" Kendrick Perkins.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
How is Rondo overrated? He's only been in the league for 3 years, and he's already become a Top 10 PG in the league. He almost averaged a triple-double in the playoffs, for God's sake. I understand he's surrounded by three potential Hall-of-Famers, but that doesn't change the fact that the PG position is the position with the most good defenders in the league. I think it's pretty easy to say that he's the third best player from that draft class after Brandon Roy and Rudy Gay. Some people say his job is made easier because of his supporting cast; I think it also makes it harder at the same time because he had the pressure of those stars at him. He's going to be a great player.

And Perkins is never going to be a great player in this league, but I don't know if I'd call him a bum. He'llnever averaged more than 13 and 9 or some figures around that.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Its hard not to agree with either of those statements CC. I believe that Perkins will never do better than that. And he's right about Rondo. Are triple-doubles overrated now to?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I doubt Rasheed starts

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I think Rasheed will come off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%