Pre-Season Power Rankings Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh I'll let you guys say what you want..But that great start last seasons wasn't a fluke..

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Almost forgot we have Drew Stanton too.. If Kitna don't work out we will have Drew who will give us solid numbers..

Look at what Kitna did with Palmer in Cincy...Just saying..
LMAO. I'm hoping the first statement was a joke. Drew Stanton? That's like saying Jay Feely is an amazing QB.

And Kitna barely played behind Palmer. The one game he did was when he blew out his ACL and he lost that playoff game against the Bengals.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LMAO. I'm hoping the first statement was a joke. Drew Stanton? That's like saying Jay Feely is an amazing QB.

And Kitna barely played behind Palmer. The one game he did was when he blew out his ACL and he lost that playoff game against the Bengals.
Cause Stanton was picked in the 2nd round for the hell of it and hasn't played a game in his career due to an injury? Let me know how that means he blows?

And Kitna mentored him...Didn't Palmer have a bad rookie season then broke out the year after?

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Um Henry was an alright back everywhere and he was not even all that great last year. Portis was good yes, but how about the other dozen RB's that have been in Denver and have been <Censored>ty after?

Well your pass blocking is horrible so I'm at least trying to give something constructive about them by saying their run blocking is better. Either way the O-Line is not good and one rookie who will probably be a backup his first year will not change that. Especially when he doesn't have that great talents.

McGowan just signed with the Dolphins so he hasn't started a game for them yet. And Kitna has had a 10+ year career. Also, accuracy is measured by percentage, so the more you pass shouldn't matter, you should still be accurate with your throws and get completions, especially with the receivers you guys have.

INT's are an overrated rating. Many CB's have great hands and ball-hawking skills but suck at coverage, that's what Booden is. And of course Sims is a beast, that's what I said lol. Your secondary is improved, but is par at best. Your D-Line and O-Line are the things holding you guys back right now, and like the old saying, Football Games are won in the trenches.
Travis Henry ran for 1200 yards and 7 td's the season before he came to Denver. He wasn't all that great because he played in 12 games and was injured. Which isn't really helping your point by saying anyone can do good in the scheme if he didn't do well last season.

You're the one that said the passing blocking was better then the run blocking. O-Line isn't that bad, sure it's not a top 15, but will get the job done.

His name is Josh McCown, even after I said McCown you still said McGowan. McCown is a god damn bum, if he was so much better then Kitna wouldn't he be the one that was starting at QB and not playing WR? Kitna had to force so many balls, because we would start out the game losing and trying to catch up, because Martz doesn't know the meaning of balance.

INT's stop the offense from scoring right? That's all I care about. How can you go from saying the secondary sucks to saying it's decent then saying the D-Line sucks. Do you even know what you're talking about?

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cause Stanton was picked in the 2nd round for the hell of it and hasn't played a game in his career due to an injury? Let me know how that means he blows?

And Kitna mentored him...Didn't Palmer have a bad rookie season then broke out the year after?
I never said he blows. You made it sound like he's Brady Quinn or Joe Flacco or something. IMO, Stanton was not worth a 2nd round pick. He just didn't perform in college against alright competition and didn't blow it away with his combine. But heck, he could prove me wrong.

Palmer had a 61 Completion %, 2897 Passing Yards, and 18 TD's and 18 INT's his rookie season. I don't call that bad. Just because he blew up from a 78 passer rating to over 100 the next season doesn't mean Kitna was the main reason, heck, a factor.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I never said he blows. You made it sound like he's Brady Quinn or Joe Flacco or something. IMO, Stanton was not worth a 2nd round pick. He just didn't perform in college against alright competition and didn't blow it away with his combine. But heck, he could prove me wrong.

Palmer had a 61 Completion %, 2897 Passing Yards, and 18 TD's and 18 INT's his rookie season. I don't call that bad. Just because he blew up from a 78 passer rating to over 100 the next season doesn't mean Kitna was the main reason, heck, a factor.
I never said he was amazing, I said he will put up solid numbers...

And why wouldn't Kitna be a factor?

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Travis Henry ran for 1200 yards and 7 td's the season before he came to Denver. He wasn't all that great because he played in 12 games and was injured. Which isn't really helping your point by saying anyone can do good in the scheme if he didn't do well last season.

You're the one that said the passing blocking was better then the run blocking. O-Line isn't that bad, sure it's not a top 15, but will get the job done.

His name is Josh McCown, even after I said McCown you still said McGowan. McCown is a god damn bum, if he was so much better then Kitna wouldn't he be the one that was starting at QB and not playing WR? Kitna had to force so many balls, because we would start out the game losing and trying to catch up, because Martz doesn't know the meaning of balance.

INT's stop the offense from scoring right? That's all I care about. How can you go from saying the secondary sucks to saying it's decent then saying the D-Line sucks. Do you even know what you're talking about?
My point was that he isn't going to be good after, like most RB's out of Denver have been. Your telling me Mike Bell, Selvin Young, Mike Anderson, and Ron Dayne to name a few are good RB's AFTER leaivng Denver? I think not.

I said run blocking was better than pass blocking, and I'm sure of it. And your O-Line is par at best.

McGowan McCown who cares. So because you can't come up with anything else you have to attack me for mixing up names? OK, thank you Mr. Webster. Kitna had to force balls, you said it all. Good QB's shouldn't have to force balls, they should know who to throw it to and if they can't, tuck it and run or throw it away. Simple as that. Forcing balls is what bad QB's do.

So you care more about stopping the opposing team 6 times in a year then letting them score 10+? I don't want a CB that does that for me. I never said the secondary or D-Line sucks. I said they were at par, and you want me to just keep bashing your team or at least agree on something and say it's alright? Ok, next time, I'll just keep saying they suck. Nice job.

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I never said he was amazing, I said he will put up solid numbers...

And why wouldn't Kitna be a factor?
I never said you did, your post just made it "sound" like you were saying he is.

And who knows if he was? Did Palmer ever say he was? Again you make it sound like he did it all and Palmer would've sucked without him.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol you sure do like to say "sound like" a lot.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
My point was that he isn't going to be good after, like most RB's out of Denver have been. Your telling me Mike Bell, Selvin Young, Mike Anderson, and Ron Dayne to name a few are good RB's AFTER leaivng Denver? I think not.

I said run blocking was better than pass blocking, and I'm sure of it. And your O-Line is par at best.

McGowan McCown who cares. So because you can't come up with anything else you have to attack me for mixing up names? OK, thank you Mr. Webster. Kitna had to force balls, you said it all. Good QB's shouldn't have to force balls, they should know who to throw it to and if they can't, tuck it and run or throw it away. Simple as that. Forcing balls is what bad QB's do.

So you care more about stopping the opposing team 6 times in a year then letting them score 10+? I don't want a CB that does that for me. I never said the secondary or D-Line sucks. I said they were at par, and you want me to just keep bashing your team or at least agree on something and say it's alright? Ok, next time, I'll just keep saying they suck. Nice job.
LOL, Selvin Young was a rookie last season and he's still with the team. Mike Bell is still with the Broncos as well. Mike Anderson got burried behind Willis Maghee on the depth charts in Baltimore. Ron Dayne didn't even rush for more then 300 yards in the one season with the Broncos, plus he had his best season last season, so we can continue this discussion about former Denver running backs, where you don't seem to know 100% what you're talking about or we can stop.

Ok, you did say that.

I can come up with more then that but why do that, I was just getting annoyed with it. You said McCown was better then Kitna which is stupid as hell to say.

How often does the player have more INT's then touchdowns agaisnt? You said the secondary was very weak. Keep bashing my team sure.

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL, Selvin Young was a rookie last season and he's still with the team. Mike Bell is still with the Broncos as well. Mike Anderson got burried behind Willis Maghee on the depth charts in Baltimore. Ron Dayne didn't even rush for more then 300 yards in the one season with the Broncos, plus he had his best season last season, so we can continue this discussion about former Denver running backs, where you don't seem to know 100% what you're talking about or we can stop.

Ok, you did say that.

I can come up with more then that but why do that, I was just getting annoyed with it. You said McCown was better then Kitna which is stupid as hell to say.

How often does the player have more INT's then touchdowns agaisnt? You said the secondary was very weak. Keep bashing my team sure.
Mike Bell barely did ANYTHING last season, and he didn't have Henry around for part of the season. The fact that Selvin Young just stepped in and took his place shows that he was just great once and due to the Broncos scheme. Mike Anderson buried behind one guy? How is that possible? Last time I checked your a backup means you come in and play, it's not like McGahee is the Peyton Manning of his position. Ron Dayne let's look at him before the Broncos. Never ran for more than 3.8 YPR, and then when he went to Denver, 5.1 YPR, and then to Houston, 4.1 YPR then 4.0 YPR. Rushing yards isn't everything, especially when in Houston he has a bunch of scrubs to compete with. Yards aren't everything, it's how well you produce to get them. So I know more than you think, and have more sense than you do.

I never said McCown is better, I just said saying Kitna is a pretty good QB is like saying the same for McCown, that's comparing not saying he's better. The fact is, Kitna is an alright QB like I have said, but his accuracy just isn't there and like you said forcing passes is never good.

And Touchdown Against is a horrible stat, they never count the TD if your assignment is to him, just if he catches it on you. I've watched my hand full of Leigh Booden tapes, especially when he was traded and I thought the Browns ran away with the trade. Let's look at Bally, he doesn't always get a monster collection of INT's, why? Because no one throws his way because they know he plays amazing defense. Can we say that about Booden?

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Mike Bell barely did ANYTHING last season, and he didn't have Henry around for part of the season. The fact that Selvin Young just stepped in and took his place shows that he was just great once and due to the Broncos scheme. Mike Anderson buried behind one guy? How is that possible? Last time I checked your a backup means you come in and play, it's not like McGahee is the Peyton Manning of his position. Ron Dayne let's look at him before the Broncos. Never ran for more than 3.8 YPR, and then when he went to Denver, 5.1 YPR, and then to Houston, 4.1 YPR then 4.0 YPR. Rushing yards isn't everything, especially when in Houston he has a bunch of scrubs to compete with. Yards aren't everything, it's how well you produce to get them. So I know more than you think, and have more sense than you do.

I never said McCown is better, I just said saying Kitna is a pretty good QB is like saying the same for McCown, that's comparing not saying he's better. The fact is, Kitna is an alright QB like I have said, but his accuracy just isn't there and like you said forcing passes is never good.

And Touchdown Against is a horrible stat, they never count the TD if your assignment is to him, just if he catches it on you. I've watched my hand full of Leigh Booden tapes, especially when he was traded and I thought the Browns ran away with the trade. Let's look at Bally, he doesn't always get a monster collection of INT's, why? Because no one throws his way because they know he plays amazing defense. Can we say that about Booden?
Last season the Broncos went all 3, still not proving your point, but whatever. Anderson was injured hist first season with the Ravens. I was talking about rushing yards not avg, I thought you were too.

I'd rather have McGowan than him. When Kitna can throw it accurately, then we can talk about him.
You said you'd rather have McCown then Kitna so, it's pretty much like saying you think he's better.

I'm sure they throw his way, because he usually takes the #1 guy on the opposite team, just saying. Bodden is an improvement over then what we got right? That's all that matters, I never said that he was a top CB or anything, I said he was decent.

AirForceFlash_3

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Last season the Broncos went all 3, still not proving your point, but whatever. Anderson was injured hist first season with the Ravens. I was talking about rushing yards not avg, I thought you were too.

You said you'd rather have McCown then Kitna so, it's pretty much like saying you think he's better.

I'm sure they throw his way, because he usually takes the #1 guy on the opposite team, just saying. Bodden is an improvement over then what we got right? That's all that matters, I never said that he was a top CB or anything, I said he was decent.
Ehh not really, I'd take Manning over Brady, does that make him better? Maybe, maybe not. And wasn't the rookie Eric Wright the #1 guy for the Browns? I'm pretty sure I saw him as the #1 on their Depth Chart before the trade. And you do make a point with him being an improvement, a big improvement at that.

bulls12

Reaction score
Eagles at 13 and Buccaneers at 15? Those don't make any sense...

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Ehh not really, I'd take Manning over Brady, does that make him better? Maybe, maybe not. And wasn't the rookie Eric Wright the #1 guy for the Browns? I'm pretty sure I saw him as the #1 on their Depth Chart before the trade. And you do make a point with him being an improvement, a big improvement at that.
Stop putting words in my mouth or changing the players. You said you'd rather have McCown then Kitna, Kitna is 10X better end of subject. I never said Bodden was a #1 guy on our team either, I said he is an improvement over what we can previously.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score

Palmer didn't need any mentoring from him.

Palmer > Kitna

Enough said. He came out of College being a Heisman Trophy Winner. I've expected a lot out of him. Which, last year by far wasn't his best but i think this year will be better. In my opinion the lions ARE a better team then being ranked 29th.

Kitna is better than McCown. Kitna just seemed to rush things last year because he had no blocking.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
Palmer didn't need any mentoring from him.

Palmer > Kitna

Enough said. He came out of College being a Heisman Trophy Winner. I've expected a lot out of him. Which, last year by far wasn't his best but i think this year will be better. In my opinion the lions ARE a better team then being ranked 29th.

Kitna is better than McCown. Kitna just seemed to rush things last year because he had no blocking.

also, it's hard to win when you only run the ball 9 times a game. the rams did it, but they had a MUCH superior team, and Marshall Faulk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%