Post-Draft Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Come here to talk about what happened in the draft.

Who do you guys think improved there team the most?
Who hurt there team the most?

What would you give your team's grade in the draft?

And anything else.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CB - A.Cason:
With few picks, and a lot of OT's already gone by the time the Bolts pick came around, Cason was a good pick. He can flat out play. He was a reach, but so was Eric Weddle, and a bunch of other players that AJ Smith has chosen, and now the roster is loaded. Definitely an AJ Smith type player; good body of work, big-time player in a top notch conference, no legal history, good character. He can play. I liked his interview too, soft-spoken, intelligent, heady, everything Drayton Florence isn't.

FB - J.Hester:
Big question mark on this one. Projected to be an FB I hear, tough guy I guess. I'm hearing that Hester is "AJ's guy to replace Neal" i Which was a big concern I thought going into the offseason. But Hester? I'm not so sure, once training camp rolls around... eh. Saw some highlights on youtube... still wasn't impressed. Gotta wait.

RB - M.Thomas:
I liked this pick a lot. Best one of the draft for the Bolts IMO. Tough guy, has some moves, can definitely develop into someone nice after a couple years behind LT.

DB - D.Tribble:
Another CB. Bolts secondary once a weakness, now turning into a strength. Tribble if anybody will probably get cut though, the secondary is already loaded. Questionable pick , maybe it was BPA?

OT - C.Clark:
FINALLY! The OL has been addressed... but in such a late round. Well considering the success the Bolts have had drafting OL this far down the draft... I guess it was a safe pick.

My overall grade for the Chargers: C+ at best

Nothing really wowed me, but nothing really pissed me off either, safe, and solid picks. Enough said.

corey

Reaction score
Maybe the biggest steal was the Colts picking Mike Hart... Great pick, I just wished Miami picked him as well as Henne and Long. They also had the chance for Manningham but I guess they didn't want to keep them together.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whisper, don't think for a second that what you hear has any truth to it. Hester isn't your proto-typical NFL fullback. He has smaller frame, some speed, but hits the holes hard. I look for Hester to spell LaDanian Tomlinson and be a major Special Teams player in the short term. Looking more long term, the Chargers can do a number of things with Jacob in lining him up all over the field. Your talking about a guy that can be the lone back in the backfield, line up on the end of the O-line, and even split out at times...similar to what Indy does with Dallas Clark.

I watched Hester a lot in the past few years, one of my favorite collegiate players, and I envy the fact that he isn't on his way to Minnesota right now. Hester may not be able to fill the role of "fullback" to that of Lorenzo Neal...but the kid can block & believe me, he will not disappoint.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I got who I wanted in Kenny Philips, im not to fond of Terrell Thomas but we got a steal in Mario Manningham.

Kiper gave us a C+? I think we had a fairly god draft, I think we should have picked up Geno Hayes instead of either of the LB's we picked up but oh well.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Giants don't need Manningham at all IMO -- they should've addressed other issues.. Though, he's a steal - why would you select your 4th string WR so early?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Slash 2 is headed to PITT!!!!!

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the Jags did well. B in my book. They traded up and got a top 10 player in Harvey. (according to a lot of teams) They also got Groves who had a heart problem and thats why he fell so far. But they will both be good players who can come in and rush the QBs. Also CB Trae Williams is a good CB and will be a good pick up for the Jags.

But no Darius Raynaud :(

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Giants don't need Manningham at all IMO -- they should've addressed other issues.. Though, he's a steal - why would you select your 4th string WR so early?

Well my guess is b/c of Amani Toomer. Its obvious he's probably not coming back so that moves Steve Smith up to second string. And the main issues we had we addressed. Our weak spots were in the secondary and with LB depth

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and what about Tyree?

like I said, kind of a waste of a pick -- shoulda traded it for more or picked a ST player (like another LB or S)

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Panthers:

Rd 1: Jonathan Stewart - probably OROY favorite... I really like him... Replaces Foster, and then some... I'd rather Stewart get most carries than Williams.

Jeff Otah - good LT, but IDK if he's worth what we traded for him... But that's next year... For now, I like the pick and its impact this year.

Rd 3: Charles Godfrey - supposed to be a solid playing in secondary, and a "spectacular special teams man"

Dan Connor - nice young LB... Plays the run almost exclusively, but it's ok... Should rack up the tackles, and him + Beason = beasts for a long time

In rd 5, we took a TE who is supposed to be good... We were in line to get JDB, and the Vikings traded ahead of us and took him... But it's ok.

Solid draft overall... Filled needs in round 1, then drafted nice guys in rd 3.

(A-) because two 1sts and 2 people in the 3rd who were projected higher... Hopefully it works, because next year without a 1st will be tough.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kentwan Balmer DT
Chilo Rachal OG
Reggie Smith CB
Cody Wallace C
Josh Morgan WR
Larry Grant OLB

49ers did a good job addressing their needs IMO. Balmer is a huge DT who is most likely gonna be the one to fill the void of Bryant Young. Rachal is a huge guard who was drafted to replace Justin Smiley but won't start this year. The rest are just fillers IMO.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and what about Tyree?

like I said, kind of a waste of a pick -- shoulda traded it for more or picked a ST player (like another LB or S)

No no no Tyree is overrated.

I swear I watched him before "the catch" and its by GODS grace the held on b/c every other catch Ive seen thrown his way..he dropped. And I watch alot of Giant games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%