Olympiakos targeted Azubuike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Before Josh Childress to his unprecedented three-year, $20 million contract, the Greek club Olympiakos first targeted Warriors swingman Kelenna Azubuike.

Agent Michael Higgins said Olympiakos approached his client last year, and then returned two weeks ago at the summer league in Las Vegas with an offer to Azubuike of $5 million annually for three years.

"But that was the starting point,'' Higgins said. "We could have got the deal [that Childress received]. ... If I'd said $10 million [annually] for three years, they would have said yes. They wanted him. They said, 'What's it going to take? Give us a number.' ''

Azubuike is a D-League success story who went undrafted and making it in the NBA was a bigger priority than more money.
Atleast he stayed..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn man these European teams are trying to get back at us I think lol. They are targeting everyone.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Damn man these European teams are trying to get back at us I think lol. They are targeting everyone.
It's not like NBA players are off limits... Those teams are trying to get better too and they will pay the money to do so...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know, but it seems like they are doing it more than they have in previous years. Or maybe in previous years the media didn't hear about it as much.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Just saw on HoopsHype that both Delonte West and Andris Biedrins are considering offers from Europe, lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was gunna post that earlier...

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope Andris bolts > _>

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think biedrins is gonna end up getting a low ball offer from GS.
he'll probabl end up deserving better, and I think he should go where the money is.
besides, i want Ronny to start :p

so STFU >.<

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Let them leave, who cares? Will you stop watching if a good player leaves?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Europe is just doing what the NBA has done for years, cant really blame em. But like I said before I think the players will eventually end up coming back, after their contracts are up.

But a player of say Kobe's caliber wont leave for Europe, theres too much marketing money here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%