Official Wrestling Talk Thread

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Trips retains vs Reigns, Shane beats Taker, and immediately after the match his first act of duty is authorizing a title match between Seth and Trips, and Seth wins and starts his face run.

Sign me to the creative team
Seth winning the title with one leg would be incredible

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
There's a rumor that Shane is going to jump off something 45 feet high

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
how high is the cell now? i know theyre bigger than they used to be. could be that? climb the cell, climb the jumbo tron and jump off that!

i like that idea dan. sign me up with you.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There was a change of plans for last night's main event at NXT Takeover: Dallas. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Samoa Joe was originally written to win the NXT Title from Finn Balor, but WWE officials changed their mind. Joe is set to make his debut on the WWE main roster soon, which may have had something to do with the decision not to give him the NXT Title.

makes sense. it was one or the other being called up and clearly this meant joe would be. finn playing double duty is my guess.

who would joe start with on the main roster, any guesses?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
There's been rumors he could be in the Battle Royal tomorrow.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
man i hate that battle royal. its pointless. just a gimmick match.

finn made a little bit of sense if he helped shane but i dont think that happens with joe. maybe he attacks roman after? idk if they push him that fast.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
There is a small part of me that wants to believe that HHH knows Roman is going nowhere fast and will smarten up, keep the belt, and put over somebody else. But we all know Roman is going over.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For those who were wondering about why the Boma Ye was renamed....

During last nights Sami Zayn vs Nakamura, commentary referred to the danger of Nakamura's knee strike finisher and called it the "Kinshasa" (as opposed to "Boma Ye" as it was previously called).

Now, if you google that, expecting it to be Japanese for "infinite swag", you'll be surprised to see instead that it's the name of the capital of the Democratic Republic of Congo (formerly Zaire). Hmm...

If you know the origin of "Boma Ye", this is an easier reference to figure out.

In 1974, Muhammad Ali fought George Foreman in what was known as "The Rumble in the Jungle", an historic and heavily promoted boxing match.

Those local to the match were fond of chanting "Ali, boma ye!" during the match, which translates to "Ali, kill him!", so "Boma Ye", of course, means "Kill Him", which, of course, is badass.

However, it's also a little brutal for PG WWE, so they renamed it after the city that The Rumble In the Jungle was held in: Kinshasa.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
There is a small part of me that wants to believe that HHH knows Roman is going nowhere fast and will smarten up, keep the belt, and put over somebody else. But we all know Roman is going over.
i will not be surprised if hhh retains for that exact reason.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If Reigns doesn't win, something crazy has to happen. I hate Reigns but it would be a little weird if HHH just straight squashes the dude 

although that would be vintage Hunter

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
If Reigns doesn't win, something crazy has to happen. I hate Reigns but it would be a little weird if HHH just straight squashes the dude 

although that would be vintage Hunter
it doesn't have to be a squash. But we know HHH is very protective of his character

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Still amazing that he booked himself into the championship match at the "biggest' Mania ever, as a part timer, and on a 6+ year hiatus without the belt. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it would actually make for real good and likely semi-unpredictable tv of hhh wins and shane wins.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Still amazing that he booked himself into the championship match at the "biggest' Mania ever, as a part timer, and on a 6+ year hiatus without the belt. 
You and I both know HHH is only wrestling right now because the wwe needs him to

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
You and I both know HHH is only wrestling right now because the wwe needs him to
After years of making himself and The Authority the center of attention, and not building any stars other than Reigns and Rollins. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%