Official Wrestling Talk Thread

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also, it's incredible how over Ryback is with smark crowds. This guy was HATED by the IWC when he debuted the Ryback gimmick, kept getting Goldberg chants, and people just didn't like him. 

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

WWE Raw Crowd Chanted Sexually Suggestive Slurs At Divas

Disgusting chants aimed at the WWE Divas.

WWE Divas were subjected to a string of sexually suggestive serenades at the Raw taping in San Jose the night after WrestleMania.

Paige, AJ Lee and Naomi were tackling Natalya and The Bella Twins. Amid the match, the swarm droned "You suck Cena" at Nikki Bella. They caught up with "You suck Bryan" at Brie Bella, "You suck Tyson" at Natalya, and "You suck Uso" at Naomi. There were additionally reports that a few fans droned "You suck Punk" at AJ Lee.

For fans who don't have a clue, Nikki is John Cena's sweetheart. Natalya is hitched to Tyson Kidd, Brie Bella is hitched to Daniel Bryan, Naomi is hitched to Jimmy Uso, and AJ Lee is hitched to CM Punk.

The serenade was unrefined and clearly unsavory for the women in the ring. The WWE were endeavoring to present a genuine divas challenge, taking after the web wrestling group calls to #GiveDivasAChance. Yet this Raw swarm, likely vigorously comprising of the same web fan sorts, disparaged the divas with the sexually suggestive serenades. All while the young ladies really put on a decent match.

Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio has censured the serenades as nauseating and recommended that WWE could decide to host Raw in a city far from WrestleMania's area one year from now. Alvarez accepts the fans destroyed the show in this occasion.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They also chanted "Lets go Divas" :kobe:

Not having Raw at the Mania location the day after would be a disaster. It's the Raw they use to try to keep the casuals from Wrestlemania to keep watching, you want a lively crowd.

Those chants were unfortunate but it's what happens when you shove someone down the fans throats who they don't like (The Bellas), they're going to shit on it.

They should have just re-done the NXT Divas Fatal 4 Way with them on Raw

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not saying that excuses the behavior, but God damn, you need to understand what kind of crowd you're about to have. The only one they think of to protect is Reigns. Didn't have a promo, didn't have a singles match because they knew it would get shit on.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I'm not saying that excuses the behavior, but God damn, you need to understand what kind of crowd you're about to have. The only one they think of to protect is Reigns. Didn't have a promo, didn't have a singles match because they knew it would get shit on.
i agree. no matter how the crowds react, they always acknowledge how great the crowds are too. no stopping it now.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There was a lot of speculation during WrestleMania 31 that Brock Lesnar did a blade job and cut himself open when they did the ring post spot. Several readers sent the following GIF, which appears to show a referee handing a blade off to Roman Reigns, presumably so Reigns could give it to Lesnar when he got back in the ring.

If this is true, it would likely mean Vince McMahon allowed the blade job, something WWE has generally been against for years now. Below is the GIF:

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/brock-lesnar-given-the-go-ahead-to-blade-at-wrestlemania-31/

the gif is in there

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

WWE Handles Michael Cole “Injury” In Poor Taste,

- Following last night’s angle with Brock Lesnar attacking Michael Cole, WWE is reporting that Cole suffered a “possible cervical fracture,” which many consider to be in poor taste after the recent tragedy of Perro Aguayo Jr.. The early belief is that he will at least miss this week’s SmackDown to help sell the storyline injury.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I immediately thought that it looked like a blade job by Brock. But I didn't inspect it any further, since I thought they totally got rid of it.

It definitively didn't look like he was cut open anywhere on his head seconds before the spot, either. 

Edit: Just watched it again. If it was a blade job, it was a damn good one. He stood there for about 20 seconds before the spot without any blood. 
Either there was a blade mounted on the post or it was a real cut.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:
I immediately thought that it looked like a blade job by Brock. But I didn't inspect it any further, since I thought they totally got rid of it.

It definitively didn't look like he was cut open anywhere on his head seconds before the spot, either. 

Edit: Just watched it again. If it was a blade job, it was a damn good one. He stood there for about 20 seconds before the spot without any blood. 
Either there was a blade mounted on the post or it was a real cut.
i may be wrong but he supposedly had to get his head stapled shut, but wouldn't they need to shave the hair from that spot? because on raw his head wasn't shaved at all, or even trimmed up.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just assumed it was a blade job because they needed the blood to make it seem like Brock was actually significantly weakened.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kE0foolmEw

the ending thoooooo lol

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brock didn't really go head first into the post because he blocked it with his arms

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The fact that they didn't tip the table back to it's upright position all fucking night bothered the living shit out of me.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

NXT Star CJ Parker Parts Ways With WWE

NXT star CJ Parker was released from the company on Saturday.

According to PWInsider.com, Parker requested his release and the parting of ways was said to be on amicable terms. In fact, it was so amicable, WWE allowed Parker to wrestle at WrestleMania AXXESS on Saturday and Sunday to finish out his run with the company.

Parker, who was originally trained by ROH star Truth Martini, signed a developmental deal with WWE in 2011.

Time to find a new NXT jobber

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Was re-watching part of mania. In the promo video for the main event, Reigns had said "He can feel pain, he can bleed", and they featured that part.

So, blading it was. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%