Oden Has Bone Chip On Left Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
An MRI on Saturday revealed a bone chip in Greg Oden's left knee.

The Portland center banged the left knee against Golden State’s Corey Maggette in the Blazers’ 105-98 loss Thursday and sat out the Rookie Challenge game Friday at NBA All-Star Weekend in Phoenix.
New age, Sam Bowie..

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Goodness, I didn't like the guy when he was back at OSU but I got to feel sorry for him still.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When he gets re-injured in a couple months, I'll officially call him a bust.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow. This is horrible. Sucks he could be a bust and there is nothing he can do about it.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When he gets re-injured in a couple months, I'll officially call him a bust.
For some reason I have never been too excited over Oden. As soon as he was injured prior to the start of last season, I pulled out "the bust card". I cannot tell you how many debates I have had with a buddy of mine about this guy. He thinks Oden will be another Shaq, while I see him as not being able to stay healthy enough to make much of an NBA career.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is like watching the sam bowie and MJ thing all over. He's been solid when he plays but hes so injury prone its disgusting.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is like watching the sam bowie and MJ thing all over. He's been solid when he plays but hes so injury prone its disgusting.
I just remember all of the criticism surrounding Kevin Durant weeks prior to the draft. All the bull about him not being able to bench press 135.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Durant can't bench press 135?!?!

Wow I didn't catch that...

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
He may not be able to bench 135, but he's a much better player then Oden...

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Durant can't bench press 135?!?!

Wow I didn't catch that...
Yeah it became a big deal that he was the only player in the draft class to not be able to put up 135. I remember it sparked all sorts of criticism and questioning about whether or not his was mature enough to play in the NBA mentally and physically.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I never was sold on Oden. I mean I liked the guy, but everyone was so excited about such a big guy with athletic ability coming into the league was already being projected as the next Olajuwon when he gets his time into the league which I don't think would happen weather he gets injured or not. Mentally he's not even ready, I understand it's hard to have so many people put such high expecations on the young guy, but in interviews/etc. he doesn't seem to be taking it all very well. If his health does manage to stay with him later on, he could be good. 20 and 10 no doubt, but not the next Shaq or Olajuwon.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kevin Durant kinda looks like '84 MJ too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%