NjNets15's Mock Draft Version 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
I made very few changes, just a little bit at the end, there will be much more changed after the combine

1. Detroit Lions- Andre Smith, Tackle - Alabama
As tempting as Matt Stafford is going to be at this #1 selection, I believe the Lions are going to be smart this year and learn from their past mistakes, and work on the O-Line.

2. St. Louis Rams- Eugene Monroe, Tackle- Virginia
The Rams are depleted at offensive line and need another tackle to get back into the thick of things in the NFL. Their skilled position players being Bulger and Jackson are good players but need time to work with.

3. Kansas City Chiefs- Michael Crabtree, Wide Receiver- Texas Tech
I think the Chiefs are going to end up choosing to give Tyler Thigpen a chance to play next season, and what better weapon to give him but Michael Crabtree? He's a great route runner, physical and athletic, and should be a good weapon in the NFL.

4. Seattle Seahawks- Matthew Stafford, Quarterback- Georgia
Matt Hasselback isn't going to last forever and I think the Seahawks are going to begin moving on into the Stafford era. The Seahawks will take Crabtree here if Stafford is off the board, but I see them choosing Stafford and going into a new era.

5. Cleveland Browns- Rey Maualuga, Linebacker- USC
Eric Mangini runs a 3-4 Offense, and part of a 3-4 means you need good linebackers, and my favorite of the draft is Rey Maualuga. He is physically dominant and comes out of a great system.

6. Cincinnati Bengals- Jason Smith, Tackle- Baylor
The Bengals are another team with good skilled position players, but need some help up front to give Palmer some time to work with.

7. Oakland Raiders- Jeremy Maclin, Wide Receiver- Missouri
Although this may not be the best pick for the Raiders, I believe this is the direction they are going to head, and Maclin gives Russell a good target at WR.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars- Aaron Curry, Linebacker- Wake Forest
The Jaguars could use a physical defensive player like Curry, and have little need for any offensive player here. I believe they could use a Wide Receiver, but no WR they could get here would be of more value to them than Aaron Curry, so I expect the WR to come in the 2nd round.

9. Green Bay Packers- Malcolm Jenkins, Cornerback- Ohio State
Jenkins is by far the best Cornerback coming out this year, and the Packers need help in the secondary, so I expect them to jump on Jenkins with this pick.

10. San Fransisco 49ers- BJ Raji- Defensive Tackle- Boston College
The 49ers are definitely turning their attention towards becoming an old school running, and stopping the run team under Mike Singletary, and Raji is a great player to throw onto the defensive line.

11. Buffalo Bills- Brian Orakpo- Defensive End- Texas
The man is a freak. He is going to put on a show at the combine and is going to be one of the biggest prospects coming into the draft, and a guy the Bills could use to rush the Quarterback.

12. Denver Broncos- Brian Cushing- Linebacker- USC
Another linebacker from USC, Cushing is athletic and ready to make an instant impact, and a guy the Broncos could use, being that they need no help on offense, and plenty of help on defense.

13. Washington Redskins- Everette Brown- Defensive End- Florida State
The Redskins could really use a player like this on the defensive end, he is fast and gets to the quarterback, something they have had some trouble with defensively in the past.

14. New Orleans Saints- Alex Mack- Center- California
I don't know too much about him, but the Saints do need some help at the position and I hear Mack is a great player and a great leader.

15. Houston Texans- Alphonso Smith- Corner Back- Wake Forest
The Texans are on the brink of greatness, now with one of the best WRs in the NFL, and one of the better RBs, and an improvement in the secondary could lift them to where they need to be.

16. San Diego Chargers- Michael Oher- Tackle- Ole Miss
He has showed great potential with the running game of Ole Miss and a player that could work out well with the San Diego Chargers, who take pride in their offensive line.

17. New York Jets- Aaron Maybin- Defensive End- Penn State
The Jets under Rex Ryan are ready to become more defensively oriented, and Maybin is the kind of guy to throw on the defensive end that the Jets need.

18. Chicago Bears- Hakeem Nicks- Wide Receiver- UNC
Hakeem Nicks, in my opinion is going to have the best year out of any Wide Receiver in this rookie class. Although I think Crabtree is going to have more of an impact over his career, Nicks is big, physical and hard to bring down and I think is ready to dominate in the NFL.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Mark Sanchez- Quarterback- USC
The Buccaneers are most likely going to free agency, and even if they don't, he is 39 years old and the Bucs are going to need a new QB eventually, and I believe Sanchez is the one they go with.

20. Detroit Lions- Vontae Davis- Cornerback- Illinois
Even though the Lions could use a QB here, I believe they will try to adress that issue in free agency, possibly with Jeff Garcia, and Davis brings some help to a defense which needs plenty of help.

21. Philadelphia Eagles- Knowshon Moreno- Running Back- Georgia
The Eagles are probably going to lose Buckhalter to free agency and need another RB that they can rely on other than Westbrook, and I believe Knowshon has the speed, balance and toughness needed to come in and make a difference right away.

22. Minnesota Vikings- Brandon Pettigrew- Tight End- Oklahoma State
A great blocker who has good speed and hands, and is just what the Vikings need, another reliable receiver that Tavaris can look to.

23. New England Patriots- Louis Delma- Saftey- Western Michigan
I personally don't know too much about this guy being he is from Western Michigan, but I have heard on draft sites that he is a big physical guy who can keep with Wide Receivers, making the perfect player for the Pattiots (Being that they really don't have a need for too much of anything).

24. Atlanta Falcons- Larry English - Defensive End/Linebacker, Northern Illinois
A very powerful player and the type of guy the Falcons ould use on their defense which has proven to be the weak point of their team.

25. Miami Dolphins- Peria Jerry- Defensive Tackle- Ole Miss
A great player to throw onto the defensive line, which is already good, and could use a little improvement, they have no other glaring weaknesses.

26. Baltimore Ravens- Percy Harvin- Wide Receiver/Running Back- Florida
Percy Harvin is a guy with speed that can make things happen, and the type of player that the Ravens need, because the defense is pretty much set(unless they do not sign their LB's), and they are set at QB and RB, Harvin seems to be a no-brainer.

27. Philadelphia Eagles- Darrius Heyward-Bey- Wide Receiver- Maryland
The Titans are set at RB, and defense, and could very well look to get another playmaker with this pick, and Heyward-Bey could provide the play making ability they seek.

28. Indianapolis Colts- James Laurinaitis- Linebacker- Ohio State
The Colts are pretty much set offensively, and could use some size and power at the defensive end.

29. New York Giants- Michael Johnson- Defensive End- Georgia Tech
The Giants are another team who don't need too much of anything at offense, other than a receiver which they could very well trade for (Michael Crabtree). Johnson is a great defensive End that would possibly start, and add plenty of depth to an already great defense.

30. Tennessee Titans- Josh Freeman- Quarterback- Kansas State
Freeman looks like he could be one of the surprise prospects of the draft, similar to Flacco last season, with an arm that can go for miles.

31. Arizona Cardinals- Chris "Beanie" Wells- Running Back- Ohio State
Beanie Wells is a great RB that they could add onto this team if Edge ends up leaving. If the Cardinals lose the superbowl and drop to the 21st pick I would expect them to take Knowshon here.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers- Tyson Jackson- Defensive Tackle- LSU
The Steelers already have a very physical defensive line and could use the presence of this DT from LSU.

I will be making an updated version probably after the combine.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Sanchez to Seahawks? I don't think Chiefs will pass on Stafford/Sanchez whichever one is available and draft Crabtree. They need a QB, and thats what there going to draft.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sanchez to Seahawks? I don't think Chiefs will pass on Stafford/Sanchez whichever one is available and draft Crabtree. They need a QB, and thats what there going to draft.
The word is the Chiefs are very high on Tyler Thigpen.

If Aaron Curry, Michael Jenkins, Brian Cushing, BJ Raji and others are off the board, expect the Saints to trade back.

Mooche

Reaction score
The Colts are pretty much set offensively, and could use some size and power at the defensive end.

1. He won't be there when we pick
2. We need a DT so bad

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

1. He won't be there when we pick
2. We need a DT so bad
What about Perria Jerry?

He may be there at #28, he may not. But if he was, that would be a GREAT value pick.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Laurinitis is very overrated to be honest i think he will definitely be there for them

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
dont ya think we'll draft a wr ( phins )

vikesfan

Reaction score
I don't think the Vikings are going to draft a TE in the first round, Shiancoe has become a BEAST in the last year and a half.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think the Vikings are going to draft a TE in the first round, Shiancoe has become a BEAST in the last year and a half.
The Vikes need a RB in the first :smile:

verysilentone

Reaction score
I think Everette Brown should be the 1st DE drafted even tho, he'll prob be a 3-4 linebacker. He's just so big n fast and the biggest reason my Noles won 9 games

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
According to sport(SC)enter, February 17, 2009... Michael Crabtree won't even be in the Top 5, and Kansas City won't take a Quarterback.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
I guarentee Crabtree goes top 5 hes too much of a physical specimen, you'll see their reports after the combine this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%