New Jets coach didn't want Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportsguy9695

Reaction score
Clearly, Rex Ryan didn't want Favre, despite saying just the opposite last week. Ryan was hired on Jan. 19. Favre retired on Feb. 11. Not once did Ryan reach out to Favre and try to persuade him to play, claiming he didn't feel it was appropriate. If Ryan wanted Favre, he would have called him or shown up on his doorstep in Hattiesburg. The first time they spoke is when Favre called to say he was done.

Source: New York Daily News

stavi

Reaction score
I think they should have try and talked to him into coming back for one season and then sign a proming QB in the draft.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Maybe this means Favre will come back, knowing he'll get traded again, Browns could be a possability (knowed he visited with them a while ago).

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think Favre intended on playing another season anyways. Interviews Favre gave after the season sounded like his body took too much of a beating this season & age has really caught up.

Aside from that, the locker room turned on Favre a little bit. Rex Ryan is turning a new page in NY, one that doesn't include a QB with little left in the tank...but even if he was interested, I doubt Favre was at all.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Why would he want him back?

If he watched any film on the jets 2nd half of the season he would know that favre played like a mediocre practice squad QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%