NBA Summer League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yeah I know, but they are in a bad financial situation now.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i found a working link that works perfectly. Don't want to post it cause a lot of people like guests might see it and we need to get as few people to see the link, the more traffic on the link, well, you know.

So if you want a link...right now it's Rockets vs. Warriors right now....PM me

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
so ends the ugliest games i've ever witnessed, and the worst game in SL history.

66 fouls (1 away from SL record)
49 turnovers (SL record)
7 missed dunk attempts

NOONE looked good but 2 players.....Jodie Meeks and Ahmed Nivins. Beaubois and Jennings both showed potential but Jennings took terrible shots and Beaubois had some weird passes...but both showed potential.

But that was embarrassing to basketball.....wow. im glad its over. 66 fouls and 49 turnovers in 40 minutes?

Joe Alexander was like 4/17

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn I forgot we played today :(

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Daye scored 9 in 19 minutes I think.
Summer picked up 24 points though.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard tyreke evans did well and shut down deron washington. But i did hear summers had a hell of a game.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol I watched all 4 games today.

The best players today were

1. That one white guy from the Lakers, Macculy or something? 24 points and 15 rebounds
2. Summers

I watched all the games last year, this years first day was terrible lmao. All the first rounders looked bad honestly

Hopefully it was just a bunch of first game jitters.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ahmed Nivins for Mavs looked good too. 19 points and 6 rebounds on 8-10 from the field. Bass came out of the SL......Nivins looks just as good as Bass, at least today. His jumper is smooth

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Summers should be our backup SF and get some PF minutes this season. He has an NBA ready body.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you
Now I'm in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world
Don't you dare close your eyes
A hundred thousand things to see
Hold your breath - it gets better
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be

A whole new world
Every turn a surprise
With new horizons to pursue
Every moment red-letter
I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you

A whole new world
That's where we'll be
A thrilling chase
A wondrous place
For you and me

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Thought so. I tried to find them but I couldn't what did you search.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maple, how did Tyreke look? And Jason? And Donte? lol

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is for you greg

And now to Tyreke Evans:

First play of the game, the Kings ran a set to post him up against the much smaller Sean Singletary. It resulted in a foul. Get used to that. He’s going to live at the free throw line. He won’t lead the team in free throw attempts as a rookie but I guess by his second year, he will pretty much need a molding of his shoes at the free throw line so he feels as comfortable as possible there.

He can definitely play the point but he isn’t a traditional point that sets up other guys first. He was too imposing for Singletary after the first play of the game and they immediately switched the much taller but thinner Deron Washington out to defend him. All that took away was the Kings idea of posting up Evans. Instead, they ran pick and rolls with him and Thompson and let him blow by whoever was desperately trying to stay in front of him.

He’s really quick and something that I can only describe as composed chaos with the ball (think Gerald Wallace with an angel on his shoulder reminding him to slow down when he gets in the lane). He teeters on the fine line of being aggressive and being reckless with attacking the basket. He pushes to the hoop and slows up at the last possible moment to make whatever play needs to be made. His turnovers are going to be high because that will be something defenses can exploit. But he’ll eventually figure out how to adjust to the flying hands, swiping down at him as he gets to the rack.

His defense wasn’t as good as advertised but it was still pretty solid. He could eventually be an annual All-Defensive 2nd Team kind of player.
This is for you greg

- Jon Brockman is a very good rebounder. Reread that sentence a couple more time. I mean, he’s a REALLY good rebounder, especially on the offensive end. He finished with eight rebounds in 21 minutes and five of them were on offense. He is really instinctual in the way he attacks the rebound. And he definitely ATTACKS the rebound. He never really let them come to him. He’s going to be a nice fourth big man in the rotation.
– Jason Thompson was absolutely terrible. He seemed timid and lethargic on the floor. He was a little out of position having to guard DaJuan Summer who is a definite small forward but he didn’t move well in defending the post either when Summers wasn’t in the game. JT only grabbed three rebounds in 27 minutes of play. Part of that was because of how well Greene (7) and Brockman rebounded. But also part of the reason they rebounded so well was because he wasn’t very active. He scored fairly nicely with 15 points on nine shots. He got to the line a lot thanks to Tyreke Evans and Jerel McNeal setting him up. But he also seems completely uncomfortable posting up. He’s definitely always going to be a face-up type of offensive player.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who wrote that? They're praising Reke. Dissing JT though. lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Summers has a future in this league.
Don't even care if this is only summer league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%