NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes, hopefully Sheed does something good tonight.

But we can obviously depend on Rip, AI, and Stuckey if not.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cavs won again, and won big against the 76ers. Good to see us win without our best big man, really had no post presence who could make his own shot, but Varejao had 17 points, 1 off his career high. Elton Brand has had a real tough time with Ben Wallace on him the past 2 games.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Elton Brand sucks cheato.
Well, I meant stat wise lol, he gets around 16/10, I don't think he was anywhere near that in either of the games, he was a turnover machine and missed some bunnies. He looks real bad out there.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cavs have been playing great and there's no doubt that they are the 2nd best team in the East.
HOWEVER, I think I'm gonna wait until they actually play someone. they havent played anyone during this streak and all 3 of their losses have been to top tier teams. Detroit, Boston, New Orleans

now I know thats not their fault and I'm not saying it is. If they were losing to these bad teams everyone would be getting on their case. So yes they are a great team, but i dont know how great yet.

their schedule is gonna get harder, and how long until Z is truly missed?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cavs have been playing great and there's no doubt that they are the 2nd best team in the East.
HOWEVER, I think I'm gonna wait until they actually play someone. they havent played anyone during this streak and all 3 of their losses have been to top tier teams. Detroit, Boston, New Orleans

now I know thats not their fault and I'm not saying it is. If they were losing to these bad teams everyone would be getting on their case. So yes they are a great team, but i dont know how great yet.

their schedule is gonna get harder, and how long until Z is truly missed?
Those 3 losses were pretty close, and the Piston game we had, I don't know how we let that go.

Anyway, Z will be missed big, the offense runs A LOT around him, with him on the court, the defense is being stretched even more on the other team, having to worry about him stepping out for a jump shot. I think we might lose to Atlanta on the road tonight.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
are you guys starting Wallace and Verajao?
that is absolutely no post game whatsoever.
defense from both post players can only get you so far. you need at least one guy to score
yeah, Z will be missed big time

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
looks like the All-Star coaches are gonna be Phil Jackson and Mike Brown

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
are you guys starting Wallace and Verajao?
that is absolutely no post game whatsoever.
defense from both post players can only get you so far. you need at least one guy to score
yeah, Z will be missed big time
It is Andy and Wallace starting, yes. Andy has been surprisingly good this year scoring, last night he even had 17 points. He is pretty quick now after losing some weight after being out of shape last year. Also he has developed a mid range game as well, not that good, but not bad anymore. Still a downgrade from Z, just hoping we can keep the win streak alive without him.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knicks vs Kings...

Time to get back to .500

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Pistons up 66-40 with 6:13 left in the 3rd. AI with 17, Rip with 12, Stuck with 8 & 9 assist.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I rarely will complain about officiating but tonight when the Cavs were in Atlanta.. It was horrible.. Marvin Williams didn't even have to be touched to get to the line. The first play of the game they called a foul 3 seconds after the play was over. We had a great comeback but then we lost late in the game. Whatever, finally lost a game, 20-4 without our best big man.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kings have been doing great lately, I've been using them a lot on NBA Live Online.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Piston win a dangerously close one 90-86. Our bench nearly cost us the game but Sheed made a late 3 with 10.4 left to put us up 88-84 and possibly helped seal the win.

AI-20pts, 4 rebs, 3 asts(4-5 from 3)
Rip-18pts, 5 rebs, 2 asts(2-2 from 3)
Stuck-13pts, 5 rebs, 10 asts(Double-Double for Stuck :D)
Sheed-9pts, 5 rebs, 4 blks
Tay-8pts, 6 rebs, 5 asts
Afflalo & Mad Max combined for 15(8 for Afflalo, 7 for Max)

As for the Bobcats....
G-Wall-22 & 9 boards.
Augustin & Felton combined for 35
Okafor with a Double-Double(10 pts, 12 boards)

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kings have been doing great lately, I've been using them a lot on NBA Live Online.
Not winning, but our youngsters and Salmons are playing well...

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who thinks the Titans(NFL) will have more wins than the Thunder?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't believe Detroit almost blew that lead, but I'm just glad we got away with it.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Can't believe Detroit almost blew that lead, but I'm just glad we got away with it.
Oh I know. I was about ready to throw something when I saw them closing in on us. But, we won, and the Cavs finally lost :D. I`ll give them credit though. They have been playting great as of late and I really wasn`t sure just exactly when they were going to lose, but i`m glad it was tonight, so the Pistons gained some ground on them, and look to be back on the right track. 2-1 with Stuck in the Starting lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%