Nash: "Toronto would be a dream"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Suns point guard Steve Nash says that he'd love to finish his career in Phoenix, but if not he'd be very happy to play in Toronto with the Raptors.

"I've enjoyed my success in Phoenix and would love to stay here," Nash said this week. "But if not Phoenix, playing in Toronto would be a dream come true in many ways."

Nash, 34, said earlier this month that he wants to play at least four more seasons. He'll most likely become a free agent in the summer of 2010.

As they currently stand, the Raptors will be roughly $25 million under the salary cap in 2010.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I doubt Toronto would make a move for Nash, they already have Calderon and with the TJ Ford trade they have basically named Calderon as their PG for the future. They would only mess that up with signing Nash.

Then again, I could be wrong and they might offer him a deal after his contract is up... not sure how Calderon would take it though.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thats 2 no's in my mind....no for Nash and no for Toronto

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Nash In Toronto won't happen.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But if it did happen it'd be pretty sick.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It would be good, he could backup Jose or the otherway around, not to mention he would be such a good mentor for Jose.

lbj23mvp

Reaction score
i would say yes because at that time Nash is 36 and the e raptors will have 25 million of cap space with their current roster when j.o 's contract runs out,also he;'s going to be nearing the end of his career and he'd probably be a good mentor at backup and he'd finally play in Canada'

so yes he's coming to Toronto

hitman99

Reaction score
At that point in his career it would make perfect sense for the Raptors and Steve Nash to do this. First, Nash at his age will only play like 20-25 minutes which is perfect for him as a back-up to change the pace of the Raptors plus he won't cost to much at that age and because he'll be on the decline. Second, from a marketing stand point it makes sense. Nash being Canadian and all and Toronto really not having a good PR guy since VC, he can help out with the community and third, this will set him up with a job with the company after he retires. He could work in personal or PR, he'll be the Raptors version of Steve Kerr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%