Most Surprising Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I cant think of all of them, there's so many. Rookies, veterans, teams in general. Post who you think has been the most surprising in the NFL to this point of the season.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1. Atlanta Falcons at 4-2: After the horrible season last year, the Vick bullsh*t, and Petrino. New Coaching staff, new system, rookie QB, new RB...who would of thought? Matt Ryan is doing what Michael Vick, Joey Harrington, Chris Redman, and Byron Leftwich couldn't do...putting up some serious passing yards with a mediocre receiving corps.

2. Miami's "Wildcat Offense": When your limited in talent and cohesion...you have to get creative & it doesn't get anymore creative than this. Who would of thought that the college-style single wing would actually fool so many NFL defenses?

3. Buffalo Bills at 4-1: Again...not the most talented team on paper, 2nd year quarterback, no depth, but just finding ways to win big. Never would have guessed Buffalo has the AFC East lead right now...even with NE minus Brady.

4. T.O. has praised God: See his interview last week? I always thought Owens believed he was God.

5. Eli Manning: Finally looks like his older brother out there. Managing the game and looking more like a leader than he did in his best days at Ole Miss. Was never sold on Eli until this season.

6. Kyle Orton: The guy who was given the backseat to Griese and Grossman is putting up some serious yards through the air. The Bears aren't winning as many games as one would think with his numbers...but you need more than just a passing game to win at this level.

7. Jason Campbell: Getting better every week. Just watch him play and you will see why. Still hasn't thrown a pick this season.

8. Drew Brees: Putting up monster numbers isn't too much of a surprise coming from Brees. It's who he's got to throw that is the shocker. Aside from Devery Henderson, Brees is completing passes all over the field to guys I have never even heard of.

9. Ronnie Brown: Just how fast he has recovered from his tore up knee and how effective he has been this season...impressive as hell. Doesn't appear to have even lost a step. Cadillac who?

10. Tennessee Titans unbeaten: Most probably rank them higher but I liked the Titans coming into this season. I had a lot of confidence in their defense and their ability to run the ball. The shocker for me is that it's not Vince Young finding ways to win offensively...but rather Kerry Collins instead.

Honorable Mentions: Jay Cutler, Reggie Bush back on track, Calvin Johnson, Arizona Cardinals at 4-2, Kurt Warner, Steve Slaton, DeSean Jackson, and Chris Horton...7th round draft pick for the Redskins...a steal.

hitman99

Reaction score
got to be Atlanta. Matt Ryan playing phenomenal and the outstanding play of Michael Turner has made Atlanta a contender

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Atlanta Falcons at 4-2: After the horrible season last year, the Vick bullsh*t, and Petrino. New Coaching staff, new system, rookie QB, new RB...who would of thought? Matt Ryan is doing what Michael Vick, Joey Harrington, Chris Redman, and Byron Leftwich couldn't do...putting up some serious passing yards with a mediocre receiving corps.

Eli Manning: Finally looks like his older brother out there. Managing the game and looking more like a leader than he did in his best days at Ole Miss. Was never sold on Eli until this season.

+1

I would have to say Matt Ryan has impressed me BIG TIME. I thought dude was going to be a bust, I surely didnt expect him to play the way he's been playing.

Eli has also convinced me, I thought he was going to come back after the SB win and return to his old self... Thank God he hasnt.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that AE has pretty much summed up all or most of the options in this topic, so all we can do is reflect upon them, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%