Mexi @ Pugz

Status
Not open for further replies.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi @ Pugz

TOPIC: Who is the best Power Forward in the league?

Mexi has the right to post first.

You will have a week to exchange posts. If you feel like you're argument is closed, then you can close it, that just means your opponent can continue to debate his point and argue against yours. No maximum or minimum number of points, all depends on how concise or elaborate you want to be.

Once each debater has closed their argument, or I close the debate, then the three judges will be assigning each debater a score out of 10. When scoring, the judges should assess how well the debater has proven their point, using valid and relevant discussion, statistical evidence where appropriate, rebuttal where applicable, and overall coherency.

Judges are allowed to deem the debate a tie, giving each debater the same score out of 10. I am using this scoring system, as opposed to simply voting, as a back up for a tie breaker in the standings.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kinda obvious, but I got to go with LeBron
Will post reasons later

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well if Pugz and you think that this is too one-sided then I can change the topic for you guys too

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pugz is gonna agree with me.
I say yes though

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ok changed the topic.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The best PF in the league is still Tim Duncan.
will post reasons later

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol I would again agree :headsmack:

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I changed the topic the first time because I think it was too narrow, now I am sure there is a way you can argue against Tim Duncan. Thats what comes with being the home team, you dont get to go first. You are home team twice, away team twice. So you can either debate as to why someone else is the best, or you can concede.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I could say Kevin Garnett then, he may not be the "Big Fundamental" but he plays with so much heart and intenisty that not many players can match. He also plays tough on defense and hard on offense. He's also the lead man for the NBA's best defensive team and the NBA champs.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah KG outs up nice numbers and he has his whole career. He is intense as they come, but Duncan just has an aura about him. He looks the same if the Spurs are up 20 or down 20. He's a special player. I compare him to Kareem in terms of star power. Kareem was a calm dude when he played and wasn't truly truly appreciated until after he retired.

Duncan has a great mid range jumper from top of the key and of course his patented elbow bank shot which is straight money. He has every post move in the book when on the block. He just wills his baskets to go in. He doesnt get as much attention as Kobe, Wade, etc, but he has an array of circus shots in his own right.

He is an AMAZING defender too. He doesnt have a DPOY, but I really dont know how. He has been the anchor of the Spurs defense for a decade. He is also as good a rebounding big as there is in the legue.

He is a winner. Not just with his rings in the past, but this season too. When his two best players went out with injuries at the same time(Parker and Ginobili) he carried the Spurs for about 2 weeks and have them in 2nd place in the West by a comfortable margin.

He is a shew in for a double-double every night. You might as well give him his 20-10 every game.

I like KG, but there's no question who the number 1 PF is right now, still.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When scoring, the judges should assess how well the debater has proven their point, using valid and relevant discussion, statistical evidence where appropriate, rebuttal where applicable, and overall coherency.
Based on this: .
Very short debate - disappointing. There was a huge lack of statistical evidence by both. But Pugz never posted a rebuttal, so this was easy.

Mexi - 7

Pugz - 4

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Both really didn't post much

Mexi 6

Pugz 2

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Not really much was said in this debate so...

Mexi - 6
Pugz - 3

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Winner of this match by unanimous decision is Mexi​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%