McGrady Could be out for season

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
HOUSTON -- Rockets guard Tracy McGrady could miss the remainder of the season, according to sources close to Local 2 sports. An MRI revealed missing cartilage in his left knee, which may require microfracture surgery to repair.

The possibility remains, however, that McGrady will try to finish the season. Dr. James Andrews, generally regarded as the premier orthopaedic surgeon in the country for this type of injury, will review the MRI before a final decision is made. Andrews advised those close to McGrady, that a microfracture surgery should only be used in a career saving situation.

McGrady and the Rockets will discuss options in a meeting at Toyota Center prior to tonight's game against Sacramento. At this point, the Rockets have no comment on the situation.
http://www.click2houston.com/sports/18692862/detail.html#-

This is starting to get sad really.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
God, it seems like T-mac can't catch a break now.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
sheesh.
he should just retire, he's already going to be looked at as one of the most gifted to never win a ring and the most gifted of the injury prone players.
I'd call it a career.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Wow, since he left the Magic its just been a series of bad misfortunes. Remember when T-mac and Yao were supposed to be the new Shaq and Kobe? lol.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
wow T-mac is not going to be around much longer if he keeps this up still

wade3

The T.O of SI
Reaction score
T-Mac is the most overrated player in the NBA, I don;t know how many times i gotta say it. And then he goes and gets injured every year. What a waste....

Lake Louise

Reaction score
sheesh.
he should just retire, he's already going to be looked at as one of the most gifted to never win a ring and the most gifted of the injury prone players.
I'd call it a career.
+1

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ugh I love T-Mac, but he needs to call it qiuts soon. He is injured every year.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know the artist formerly known as T-Mac once said that he wanted to emulate his game after Penny Hardaway, but this is getting ridiculous.

And you people saying he should retire, SMH.
I know he's always hurt, but he's not completely done yet. If Grant Hill made it, McGrady can too. Stop overreacting

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What they need to do is rest him on easy nights...
Games versus Sacramento, Washington, Minnesota (kinda), Oklahoma City, Golden State (kinda), Los Angeles, and Memphis...

They play most of these guys two more times so its not really an issue...
Plus Von Wafer is really impressive lately.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man, I hope they miss the playoffs so we get their pick next year instead of this year.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the guy isn't even 30 yet.. retire?

i think some guy named Nash didn't even win a MVP until his 30's. and he won 2

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the guy isn't even 30 yet.. retire?

i think some guy named Nash didn't even win a MVP until his 30's. and he won 2
Yeah but thats Steve Nash, and I dont think he had a injury history like that of T-Pain. Im guessing its easier to be a 30 year old point guard than being a 30 year old swing man.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah but thats Steve Nash, and I dont think he had a injury history like that of T-Pain. Im guessing its easier to be a 30 year old point guard than being a 30 year old swing man.
You can get better as you age at the PG spot, but Tracy isn't going to get better.. Besides he has said he wanted to retire before 35 so he isn't all broke down.. I think he's broke down already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%