Matt Cooke delivers a dirty hit? No way...

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nope, not on the Pens. Cooke, maybe. But, to my knowledge, I've NEVER said that Malkin or Crosby need to suffer for his stupid actions. If I did, I was mistaken then and don't feel the same now.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nope, not on the Pens. Cooke, maybe. But, to my knowledge, I've NEVER said that Malkin or Crosby need to suffer for his stupid actions. If I did, I was mistaken then and don't feel the same now.
I recall you saying something about Crosby. But I'm not gonna go surfing tonight

It's whatever. I'm a vengeful person thats why I think that. That's just what I'd do. I know it's not good, but it's how I am.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Could have been either but looking at both hits, you'd think Steckel's was the cause...

And Baggs, I'm sure you'd be calling for someone's head if they injured Savard, but if I'm not mistaken...you were also condoning payback on the Pens when Cooke injured Savard right? And you WERE jumping down throats when it happened...

Correct?
Hahah I know I would if someone injured Grabo or Kessel......

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
whether its accidental or not, with the rep Cooke has given himself, he deserves a harsh penalty

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
If it was on purpose, it was payback for that Steckel hit on Crosby...

But we're outsiders, we don't know if he had intent to injure

Go Matt Cooke <3
You mean the hit that Steckel could do nothing about? You mean the hit that Crosby is sittin in his bed at home in his pink pajamas crying about? Get over it dude, Steckel couldn't stop, did you see that ice? The way it was taken care of was embarrassing. Crosby knows Steckel couldn't have stopped if he tried. It was unintentional.

Although, I do love how much people hate Cookie

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kv0cOcJXFv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kv0cOcJXFv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Just like you said about Crosby, wrong place wrong time. He got caught with his head down near the boards. Cooke just crushed him.

And there's really no way to make Cooke's rep better...especially given that he's a pest and a grinder. His job is to check, not be a gentleman.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DUDE, how did I know that was going to be your response? Come on, the problem isn't "wrong place, wrong time". Fuck, Tyutin got right back up.

The problem is that Cooke could have avoided that particular hit. He had a good 5 or 6 feet to slow down or do something else. Thought never crossed his mind. Instead he saw the numbers and, left his feet, plastered him into the boards. That's dirty and stupid and that's how you injure people.

Same as the Crosby hit? Bullshit.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DUDE, how did I know that was going to be your response? Come on, the problem isn't "wrong place, wrong time". Fuck, Tyutin got right back up.

The problem is that Cooke could have avoided that particular hit. He had a good 5 or 6 feet to slow down or do something else. Thought never crossed his mind. Instead he saw the numbers and, left his feet, plastered him into the boards. That's dirty and stupid and that's how you injure people.

Same as the Crosby hit? Bullshit.
Man, I said taht shit because of what you said about that Crosby hit...

Same could be said about Steckel slowing down btw =)

Cooke could have and should have avoided that hit...he didn't have to crush him like that I agree...but he's just doing his job. He goes out there and checks, gets in your head night in and night out.

Cookie stirrin up a ruckus not only on the ice, but on message boards haha.

But for real though, all bias aside, this dude is in too deep to ever gain rep in the league

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Took fucking long enough

Pittsburgh Penguins forward Matt Cooke has been suspended four games for a hit from behind on Columbus Blue Jackets defenceman Fedor Tyutin. The incident occurred during the first period of their game in Pittsburgh on Tuesday night.

Cooke was assessed a five-minute major penalty for charging and subsequently picked up a second major for fighting Derick Brassard in the ensuing scrum.

He did not receive a game misconduct for either offence.

No stranger to controversy, Cooke escaped a suspension last season for what many thought was a high and blindside side hit to the head of Boston Bruins forward Marc Savard. This past Sunday, a knee-on-knee collision with Washington Capitals forward Alex Ovechkin also went unpunished.

The telephone hearing with the league - as opposed to an in-person interview - suggested that any suspension would be a maximum of five games. In-person interviews are held when the ban is expected to be six games or more.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=353101

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man, I said taht shit because of what you said about that Crosby hit...

Same could be said about Steckel slowing down btw =)
All bias aside you really think this Cooke hit and the Steckel hit are comparable? I don't but I digress.

Here's what I don't get: Avery gets 6 games for calling someone's GF "sloppy seconds, Wisniewski gets 2 for making a BJ gesture...Cooke's suspension is in between those two?

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All bias aside you really think this Cooke hit and the Steckel hit are comparable? I don't but I digress.

Here's what I don't get: Avery gets 6 games for calling someone's GF "sloppy seconds, Wisniewski gets 2 for making a BJ gesture...Cooke's suspension is in between those two?
You don't talk about what goes on in the bedroom...on the ice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%