Manning to 49ers could be tricky to pull off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The Colts "don't want him" anymore because they have the #1 overall pick and are in position to draft a QB who could eventually be just as good as Peyton. It says nothing about Peyton's ability.

Favre4Ever

Reaction score
The Colts "don't want him" anymore because they have the #1 overall pick and are in position to draft a QB who could eventually be just as good as Peyton. It says nothing about Peyton's ability.
Nothing? I think you are stretching just a little on that one. Does it also have nothing to do with the thirty million dollar bonus that he is owed?

Wouldn't it be valuable to their #1 pick if Peyton WAS in a Colts uniform in 2012?

I think it would be naive to pretend like there aren't numerous factors being put into this decision.

Xaos

Reaction score
So you're taking a Peyton Manning, old, crippled, etc. with no arm strength over a young(ish) guy that acn still develop?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You seen Smith in that Giants game. Dude looked Tebow-esque out there at times. I really don't think Smith is the type of QB you can win a Super Bowl with.
If you get a couple years out of Peyton, I think it's a no-brainer to take him on that team.
Smith is solid, but like most said he is a game manager. Plus you just drafted Kaepernick, who could learn from Peyton.
If Peyton doesn't work, you switch to Smith. But as of right now, no doubt Peyton is better than Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%