LJ Rips Haley On Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Chiefs running back Larry Johnson has belittled his rookie head coach on his Twitter account, saying Todd Haley has "nuthn" when it comes to NFL-quality credentials.

One tweet read: "My father got more creditentials than most of these pro coaches." That is followed by: "My father played for the coach from "rememeber the titans". Our coach played golf. My father played for redskins briefley. Our coach. Nuthn."

Haley did not play high school or college football. He attended college on a golf scholarship. He was hired by first-year general manager Scott Pioli to replace the fired Herm Edwards.

"I talked to Larry about it and he was focusing more on pumping up his father than anything else," Johnson's agent Peter Schaffer said. "He wasn't trying to downgrade anyone ... yes, everyone is frustrated after a loss like this but I wouldn't put too much into it."

Johnson had 49 yards on 16 carries in the Chiefs' defeat. Kansas City has a bye next week.

A spokesman for the Chiefs said Monday it was not certain if the tweets, posted under the alias of "Toonicon" were posted by Johnson. The Kansas City Star reported, however, that Johnson had said the online alias is his and the account includes a link to Johnson's personal Web site.

The final post read: "Make me regret it. Lmao. U don't stop my checks. Lmao. So 'tweet' away."

The tweets drew responses, including one that referred to a nightclub incident in which Johnson was accused of spitting in someone's face. Johnson's response include a three-letter homophobic slur.

Johnson's account has since been made private.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I believe a few guys in the lcoker room feel the same way. He's always yelling and etc at them and you know they have to be thinking dude you didnt even play football. You played golf. But with that said...LJ needs to go rather it be cut or deactivated. Calling fans <Censored>s and broke are just unacceptable actions.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I don't care if the guy has never played football in his life... He's the head coach either way and it just amazes me how arrogant/selfish some players really are... The Chiefs brought him in. Their is other coaches out there that they could have chosen that have more "experience" but didn't. When things aren't going well nothing goes well. It's amazing what winning does to a team.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We havent been a winning team in a few years. We are tired of rebuilding.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah you would but losing 29 out of your last 32.... you dont know how sad that is.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Him playing football has nothing to with him being able to get in their face. He's a head football coach in the NFL, these players obviously have no idea how to win right now so he has every right to do so. LJ's been a punk as of late, it's not the coaches/fans fault you don't have it left in you.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Him playing football has nothing to with him being able to get in their face. He's a head football coach in the NFL, these players obviously have no idea how to win right now so he has every right to do so. LJ's been a punk as of late, it's not the coaches/fans fault you don't have it left in you.
That's pretty much the point I was trying to make with my post.

+2

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bill Belichick barely played any football. I guess it means he's a horrible coach LJ.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Great point ZigZag. The Chiefs just need a defense, another solid Wideout, an O-Line and a solid Running Back (we don't know how much longer LJ will last) and they should be able to contend with Chargers/Broncos possibly. I don't really know much about the Chiefs though, so I could be wrong about these things. All I know is that they have Cassel, LJ, Bowe, Vrabel, Dorsey.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You'd have to see us play to know what we need.Our d-line blows, we need a nickle corner...a fast safety another wideout and oline. And possibly a qb but pioli wont sit his golden boy.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea all the Chiefs need is a new QB, a solid RB, another WR, a good O-line, and a new d-line and they are good to go lmao. I dont understand how you can blow it up and make it worse..... Anyways LJ is a loser and should just keep his mouth shut, some "leader" he is in that locker room. Also shows the lack of leaders in that Chiefs locker room to shut his mouth up. LJ should worry more about actually being a good RB nowadays cuz he aint gonna get those pay checks for long.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nobody says anything in the organization but haley. First time anybody has spoken all year. I trust pioli. We will see if this is funny in a few years when we are a playoff team.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Nobody says anything in the organization but haley. First time anybody has spoken all year. I trust pioli. We will see if this is funny in a few years when we are a playoff team.
How long do you think it is going to take?

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To build a competitor or a playoff caliber team. I dont think we will be a competitor for a long time. I can see us making a playoff run in 3-4 years. Yes I realize thats a long time but for chiefs teams thats normal.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
To build a competitor or a playoff caliber team. I dont think we will be a competitor for a long time. I can see us making a playoff run in 3-4 years. Yes I realize thats a long time but for chiefs teams thats normal.
What I dont understand is the fact that the Chiefs are renowndly known for their amazing Offensive lines with Shields, Roaf, and Waters, and that C which I cant remember. Anyways you would think that the Chiefs wouldnt have a problem finding players to fill those positions.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree...our o-line is a shell of what it once was. Waters seems like he doesnt care anymore. Albert is injured and the rest of our line is backups. Its really sad fps. I miss the days of priest,trent,TG so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%