Lions Fire Marinelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN - Chris Mortensen of ESPN has reported that the Lions have fired coach Rod Marinelli after the completion of their winless season.

"No competitor wants to go through something like this," Marinelli said after Sunday's game. "This is not fun to go through, obviously. But there's people going through a lot worse than this."

Marinelli was 10-38 in three seasons in Detroit.
Oh lord, thank you.
I would of liked to see Marinelli as our Defensive Coordinator, but that won't happen. I wonder where we turn now.

.loggie

Reaction score
i sort of want Eric Mangini but hopefully a GM comes before a head coach. if Bill Parcells walks away from the Dolphins, i think he could give us a great turnaround. otherwise i can't see us doing what we need to, getting rid of most of the team to build around Kevin Smith and Calvin Johnson, but we'll see what happens.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard that Lewand and Mayhew probably will stay :/

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
DUH??? worst season ever.. heads were gonna roll

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I dont care how bad your team is if you dont win a game you should be fired.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
you dont need a young coach like Mangini who couldnt take a team that had the "incredible" Favre to the playoffs, and has flat out sucked these past 2 years for a team that just went 0-16. You need a tough-guy with experience.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Cowher's not coaching this year, ESPN's John CLayton said this morning that originally there were rumors that he was considering the Jets, but now he's worked out an extended contract with NBC so dont plan on him coaching this year.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
Cowher's not coaching this year, ESPN's John CLayton said this morning that originally there were rumors that he was considering the Jets, but now he's worked out an extended contract with NBC so dont plan on him coaching this year.
i got an inside source straight from the cowher family stating other wise, i know a friend of his daughters and she said if he finds a place where he is comfortable and likes what he can work with he will coach this year.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
well I just heard this morning that he was close to a deal with NBC so from what I've heard, and what it looks like, hes staying at NBC. Maybe the right gig hasnt come up...

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
well I just heard this morning that he was close to a deal with NBC so from what I've heard, and what it looks like, hes staying at NBC. Maybe the right gig hasnt come up...
my source was his own daughter... the one that lives with him..

Sportsguy9695

Reaction score
not surprised here. cause they went winless and made history. but i loved how he kept his attitude up beat in all the interviews

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Knew this would happen. It was quite obvious, just didn`t know when. I mean, I loved his attitude during interviews, but that wasn`t enough to win games. They didn`t necessarily get blown out every game, but a loss is a loss, no matter how it happens.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
He acted like Lions were a contender when he was interviewed, but the Lions weren't really close to that at all.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Like I said, he had the right attitude. He knew their record, they knew their record, everyone knew their record, but he never gave up on them. He treated every game the same, and after every loss, treated every prep for the next game the same. With he attitude, you wouldn`t know that they went 0-16 until the season was over. You would think they were a 7-9 team that fought for the playoffs and just missed, or a 8-8 team that was fighting till the end and barely made the playoffs.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
I would have kept him, you can't win in the NFL without talent. I know they have Sims and Johnson. But honestly what other playmaker do they have? They traded away Roy Williams (which was smart cause they got a first out of it), and he wasn't putting up good numbers that year. Expect them to make some noise this free agency aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%