LETS MAKE STEPHON MARBURY A 2008 ALL STAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Coming from the kid who backed Michael Vick blindly.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stop fighting now. Or warnings will be given out.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IDC who started it, no need for the insaults by both of you.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
anyways
NJ if you want to put someone deserving who is hard working and gets no media coverage/respect, then how about Danny Granger or Al Jeff?
2 hard nosed players who actually play like All-Stars

i'm with TYO in saying UD is boring as hell

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
anyways
NJ if you want to put someone deserving who is hard working and gets no media coverage/respect, then how about Danny Granger or Al Jeff?
2 hard nosed players who actually play like All-Stars

i'm with TYO in saying UD is boring as hell
LOL.
I want Steph! Definately,

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With two moves, the New York Knicks created salary space for a premier free agent down the line and playing time for Stephon Marbury.

Except that Marbury declined.

More on ESPNEWS

Will Stephon Marbury sit out another game? ESPNEWS has continuing updates on the Knicks-Wizards and other NBA action starting at 8 p.m. ET.

After the Knicks traded Jamal Crawford to Golden State for Al Harrington, and sent Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins to the Los Angeles Clippers for Cuttino Mobley and Tim Thomas, the bench was depleted. Needing the league-minimum eight active players to avoid a forfeit, coach Mike D'Antoni asked Marbury to dress.

D'Antoni said he told Marbury there would be 30 to 35 minutes of playing time available Friday against the Milwaukee Bucks.

However, the point guard again took his now-customary spot on the bench, where he has spent every minute this season, leaving the Knicks with only seven players in the opener of games on back-to-back nights.

The Knicks lost to the Bucks, 104-87.

"When the trades went down this afternoon, I said, 'Look Steph, one of the principals are gone, Jamal Crawford. There's 30 to 35 minutes out there, and they're yours if you want them. Are you ready to go?' " D'Antoni said.

According to D'Antoni, Marbury replied that he "wasn't comfortable with the situation, and he did not want to play. So at that point, I go, 'O.K., that's your decision, and that's fine.' That's it."

Marbury had a different view of the events.

"The only thing I'm at liberty to say is that I was told that they were moving forward, and I'm not the person who chooses who plays or doesn't," Marbury said.

But wasn't that at the beginning of the season?

"I was told that today, too," Marbury said.

Marbury refused to answer additional questions.

"I thought it was an opportunity for him to play, and I was kind of hoping," D'Antoni said. "But at the same time, there's consideration of a lot of guys in that locker room that are giving their hearts out. And those are the guys that I'm going to go on with, and those are the guys that I'm going to love, and those are the guys that are going to compete every night."

New York's new additions might not be available to play until Tuesday's game against Cleveland, leaving it considerably short-handed for the time being. The Knicks also play Saturday at home against Washington.

"Steph's a grown man," Knicks guard Chris Duhon said. "If he doesn't want to play, he doesn't want to play. It doesn't bother me at all. I was satisfied going to war with the seven guys we had."

D'Antoni said he did not consider Marbury's refusal to play an act of insubordination.

"He was in a tough situation," D'Antoni said. "I'm not mad at Steph. But that's enough of the talk because it is a distraction and we need to go forward and we have a new team coming in and we're going to get this done."
no way in hell would I vote for this kind of selfish player

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea i saw that earlier on today. One part of me is like why would you not go in. Then another part of me is like this

Call it what you want. But if your employer three hours before a game say they have no use for you, a day after telling a national audience that they have no use for you, only to say I have use for you as a fill in, sorry...I'd be leery and untrusting of them as well.

That isn't stubborn...that's being a human being.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they should fine him for not going in -- if he refuses to play, then he's in breach of contract.

regardless if he's part of the future or not, he's being PAID to play

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they should fine him for not going in -- if he refuses to play, then he's in breach of contract.

regardless if he's part of the future or not, he's being PAID to play
I wont argue with that. Because if it were me i wouldve played.

.loggie

Reaction score
he keeps digging a deeper hole for himself because of his attitude problems. eventually he'll be a bum, but hey who can complain about getting paid to sit on the bench?

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Well as we know now, he's getting fine 400,000 for not going in. LOL

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is what I hate about sports. He's getting paid how much money to attend a basketball game and do nothing? Tell me one reason why he deserves to be paid. ONE REASON. He's a lazy arrogant punk, I used to like him but he's just not the same, he's a lazy selfish person who doesn't want to do anything but collect the money. I hope he gets robbed a couple million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%