Lebron: Most Overhyped Player in the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you consider dirk and t-mac and vc to be in the same class that argument is flawed. Dirk has won a mvp and revolutionized his position and is a surefire HOFer. T-mac is a 2nd round virgin. Vc has never had the hunger of a kobe bryant and I guess you can say supporting cast. I've argued numerous times with mexi and whisper that vc and t-mac are more naturally talented than kobe. But they don't have the killer instinct of a kobe. You also seem to forget d-wade had shaq when he won a title.

And with your logic I guess stockton,malone,dominique,gervin aren't great to you either. Every player can't win a ring.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
tbh i know i've said this before, but I love how people think Dirk is a choker.

Career playoff averages: 25.5 PPG, 11.0 RPG

He is one of only 5 players in NBA playoff history to average 25 PPG, 10 RPG in a career for the playoffs.

This is a great article.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Video-How-One-Ba...oker-Blog-19977

I know this thread is about LBJ, and I intend to leave it that way, but I just get sick and tired of people calling Dirk a choker.

VC15

Reaction score
Some people are overhyped though. Like for example, mexi will hate me, but Andrew Bynum is overhyped.
I'd hate you for that too, Bynum will be great in the next few years.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Those players have never won a ring, therefore they haven't acheived the true level of greatness, as good as they could be. Stockton and Malone I feel are one of the few players who played in the 90s, along with the knicks, who get a pass because they played in an era with the greatest player of all time, who won many rings, MJ is not playing right now or I would have more sympathy for the guys without rings. I may have a different definition of greatness in sports than you are used to people having which is possibly why I probably sound like an idiot to you, I think the true level of basketball GREATNESS is to win a championship. If you are not among the best in the world in terms of winning a championship why do you deserve the title of being great

"I'd hate you for that too, Bynum will be great in the next few years. "
I disagree, he is too affected by his emotions, and can't keep his mouth shut, he complains for more playing time but refuses to earn it, and lets his mind affect his play

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol you can't be serious. So you say if you don't win a ring your not great. By your logic derek fisher is better than steve nash.

You forget that Bron is 24 years old. Barring injury he could dominate for the next 14 years. And while you brag on wade. LeBron could've won a title with shaq as well.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
I'm not saying that Derek Fisher is better than Steve Nash, I am saying that Derek Fisher has achieved the ultimate goal of sports, to become part of a team that wins the ultimate series, the NBA Finals, and Steve Nash has not. That isn't to say that D Fish is a better player, just that he has achieved a level of greatness that Nash hasn't.

I'm not saying that Lebron will not achieve that level of greatness, I'm saying that he hasn't done it yet. When he leads his team to being the undisputed best team in the NBA by winning the ring, he will be great.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know your not saying it. Im saying that by your logic fisher is greater than nash.

Im sorry but that logic is flawed so much imo. I respect your opinion on the game. But to me it undermines previous greats who didn't win a ring.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
My logic is flawed. I agree. But then again any logic on this issue is flawed. To put someone who has never accomplished the goal of winning the championship above someone who has climbed towards being part of the best team in the league is also flawed. It is hard to avoid a flawed logic on the topic.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this thread is crazy.

now i will agree that LeBron is overhyped a little bit. but in stupid ways. like ESPN showing his greatest shots this season and then showing practice shots. wtf? practice?

other than that, he's fine. the only problem i have with his is his damn jump shot. it's laughable sometimes.

as for Kobe, well when he does what he did last night, IMO there is no clear undisputed no. 1 in the NBA. too close to call.
Like you know the elections like Presidential for example show the states with like 100,000 for one candidate and 400,000 for the other. you go oh that one won, but they say too close too call?

same thing IMO
lets just appreciate them both

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LeBron: Most OVEREXPOSED Player in the League

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
snowy speaks the truth

VC15

Reaction score
as for Kobe, well when he does what he did last night, IMO there is no clear undisputed no. 1 in the NBA. too close to call.
That was one of the most impressive performances that I've ever seen out of Kobe last night. He almost single-handedly made George Karl and the Nuggets look like complete fools.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
tbh i know i've said this before, but I love how people think Dirk is a choker.

Career playoff averages: 25.5 PPG, 11.0 RPG

He is one of only 5 players in NBA playoff history to average 25 PPG, 10 RPG in a career for the playoffs.

This is a great article.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Video-How-One-Ba...oker-Blog-19977

I know this thread is about LBJ, and I intend to leave it that way, but I just get sick and tired of people calling Dirk a choker.
x2. Peoples perceptions are skewed sometimes because they dont actually analyze the entire situation.

As for this Lebron hating, lmao. Lebron will end up being one of the greatest players of all-time, how is that overhyped? I know the MJ comparisons are unjust, but the guy is just great and you cant fault him for that.

And here is another one for ya, Lebron James will win an NBA championship before the Nets win one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%