LeBron gets dunked on by Xavier player, confiscates all video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
It was assumed he was called "King James" because he reigns on the basketball court. But maybe LeBron James earned that nickname due to his tyrannical ways (in dealing with embarrassment).

On Monday, Jordan Crawford, a sophomore at Xavier (by way of Indiana), reportedly dunked on LeBron during a pick-up game at the LeBron James Skills Academy. Garry Parrish of CBSSports.com wrote that one high school player said, "it was bad". (We can only assume he meant "bad" in the Michael Jackson sort of way.)

LeBron must have agreed, because he had Nike officials confiscate the two videos that were taken of the dunk. (Parrish blames Nike, but reading between the lines it seems like the censorship was orchestrated by LeBron himself.)

Ryan Miller, a freelance photographer who was working at the camp that day, told CBSSports.com:

"LeBron called [Nike Basketball Senior Director Lynn Merritt] over and told him something," Miller said. "That's how I knew his name was Lynn. LeBron said, 'Hey, Lynn. Come here.'"

A few minutes later, Miller's tape was confiscated.

Connecting the dots, it seems clear that LeBron didn't want video leaking out of him getting dunked on by a college sophomore, so he told a Nike official to get the tape. It was an understandable reflex move (gotta protect the image), but it also unnecessarily makes a mountain out of a molehill.

The Crawford dunk would have been a temporary embarrassment for LeBron. Let's say the video was put on YouTube. It blows up for a bit, dominates blogs for 36 hours, everyone has a good chuckle and then it's forgotten about.

But by censoring the tape, LeBron turns the dunk into a legend. On video, it's just a dunk. Without video, the jam can reach mythic proportions. Because nobody can see it, the story of the dunk will grow in stature with each telling. Today, it was a simple two-handed slam. In a few days, it will be a 360-degree windmill. By the time Crawford makes his Xavier debut in October, he will have jumped off LeBron's shoulders, flipped in the air, slammed the ball home with his left pinkie and then handed LeBron $3.99 for his dry cleaning.

Without the video, we'll never know. Although, given his past history, I think it's safe to say that LeBron probably walked off the court without shaking Crawford's hand.
Talk about being insecure.....

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's sad that people have to report on this or that it's even news worthy. I guess we need articles whenever someone gets dunked on.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And you all thought LeBron was invinceable...

Of course they can't have vids of their golden boy going around like that. His rep would be decreased but not by much.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
It's sad that people have to report on this or that it's even news worthy. I guess we need articles whenever someone gets dunked on.
lol, only you can criticize someone else for reporting something hilarious. But you already made my point, EVERYONE gets dunked on. Unfortunately Lebron didnt get the message.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No its not because he got dunked on. Its because Nike would confiscate the tapes of him getting dunked on with no given reason which makes it a headline.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only person it is a headline for is LeBron, it wouldn't be a headline for anyone else.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Thats because no one makes as big of a deal getting dunked on!!!

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If it was someone who makes a living by dunking on guys it'd make headlines

If it was Amare, Josh Smith, JR Smith, Dwight, or Nate Robinson it'd be a headline

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If it was someone who makes a living by dunking on guys it'd make headlines

If it was Amare, Josh Smith, JR Smith, Dwight, or Nate Robinson it'd be a headline

Lol pm7 you never know what the hell your talkin about when it comes to bball.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TYO thats the point.

everyone gets dunked on.
every singel player in the NBA has gotten dunked on.
it's whatever.

thats why this is weird. none of the other players had the tape confiscated.
jordan has video on youtube of some nobody beating him 1 on 1.
devin harris has video on some streetballer killing him.

kobe has stuff getting owned.

this is just lebron thinking he's bigger than everyone else. he's above the game.
thats why people are so mad.

personally, i'm not surprised

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lebron has been dunked on before Al harrington has dunked on him,nick young, iggy.Jeff goodman (writer for fox sports) was interviewed on the Tony Bruno Show last night. He said that lebron had nothing to do with it (the swiping of the tape).

http://tonybrunoshow.com/podcasts.php

Its about halfway threw

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lebron or not, this is bogus

but i understand. not saying i'm mad or anything lol

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Lol pm7 you never know what the hell your talkin about when it comes to bball.
What are you even talking about? That has nothing to do with what I said and what you said isn't proving a thing...

Who said a thing about Kobe or Iguodala?

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Your really not worth the time...but you said if it was by someone who made a living on dunking on guys it would be a headline?

I used that iggy dunk as a example?

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love bean no homo...but I find this thread pointless and stupid no offense FPS. Yeah it was b1tch move by lebron. But whatever

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Your really not worth the time...but you said if it was by someone who made a living on dunking on guys it would be a headline?

I used that iggy dunk as a example?
It would. I don't think you caught the part how the headline is more about how Nike confiscated the tape of him getting dunked on.

At least thats how I see it. I don't see it as "Oh LeBron got boomed on!". I see how its about how Nike confiscated the tape from the person who filmed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%