LBJ Will Change Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Out of respect for the legacy of Michael Jordan, LeBron James will likely relinquish his jersey number 23.

"I just think what Michael Jordan has done for the game has to be recognized some way soon," James said. "There would be no LeBron James, no Kobe Bryant, no Dwyane Wade if there wasn't Michael Jordan first."

James challenged other players to do the same.

"He can't get the logo, and if he can't, something has to be done. I feel like no NBA player should wear 23. I'm starting a petition, and I've got to get everyone in the NBA to sign it. Now, if I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it," James said.

James said he plans on switching to number 6.

"My second-favorite player was Julius Erving, and he wore number 6," James said. "I wore 32 in high school because Dr. J wore it at first. My first child was born on Oct. 6, it's my Olympic number, my second child was born in June," James said.

Via The Plain Dealer

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Really think this is smooth by him. He oviously had respect for former players.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
He's probably taking it a little too far. You're pretty much just disrespecting all the other NBA players who paved the way for Jordan.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think its ok. I mean if his all-time favorite in Jordan and he wants to do this for him then so be it. But if he's wearing #6, wat about Dr. J? Jordan wrote in his book that without the Doctor, Jordan wouldnt have done the things he accomplished.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's just changing his number ahead of time before he joins Wade next season in South Beach.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
You know what would be a good tribute to MJ every year? How about every player wears his number on a specific day like baseball does with Jackie Robinson? I think that would be good and we would be honoring him at the same time.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is corny to me.
i know

it took how long for him to realize this?

and yeah how convenient of Miami to already have 23 retired lol

(still think he's a clip :p)

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
I swear he already said he was going to change his number like last year when that LBJ VI shoe came out.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You know what would be a good tribute to MJ every year? How about every player wears his number on a specific day like baseball does with Jackie Robinson? I think that would be good and we would be honoring him at the same time.
That would be dope. But very confusing lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
MJ didn't change anything, no way should his number be retired. The MLB didn't retire Babe Ruth's number, the NFL didn't retire Jim Brown or Walter Payton's number. Jackie Robinson REALLY changed the game of Baseball, which is why his number is retired.

If he goes to #6, it's no different then wearing MJs number, he's wearing an all time greats number still...

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's just the fact that Tonaaaaay Douglas wears 23 already.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i love lebron

he LOVES cleveland right cheato?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Yankees are an NBA team?

Why don't you have him going to a team in Texas since he's a fan of the Cowboys and was on the Dallas sideline in a Browns vs Dallas game before? <Censored>ing idiots I swear to god.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dallas is the dark horse.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's a shame because he's not leaving. He's not leaving to your favorite team, the Clippers, either.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
:D

anyways

i dont think MJ's 23 should be retired all over the NBA

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's not going anywhere. I used to believe the 2010 hype but bron isnt going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%