Law back in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN has just confirmed that free agent DB Ty Law has signed a pro-rated 1 year deal with the New York Jets.

In what will be his 2nd stint with the team, Law will shore up the opposite side of the field from Darrell Revis.

Speaking of Revis...can't have two #24's wearing the same J-E-T-S uniform. -AE

Dubious

Reaction score
Funny, I have a Ty Law jersey from way back but it's number 24, just my luck. Not an awful signing here, the nickelback platoon of Drew Coleman/Hank Poteat wasn't very efficient this year and he should provide some leadership to their young secondary. Overall not a bad signing so long as they use him in a limited capacity.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Funny, I have a Ty Law jersey from way back but it's number 24, just my luck. Not an awful signing here, the nickelback platoon of Drew Coleman/Hank Poteat wasn't very efficient this year and he should provide some leadership to their young secondary. Overall not a bad signing so long as they use him in a limited capacity.
Limited role!?! Law is going to start opposite of Revis. The guy hasn't played all season long but he's an upgrade over David Barrett and who knows the Patriots better than Law?

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
LETS GO!!!!!! The J-E-T-S have been getting on a roll and this puts us over the top because the pass defense had early struggles. Now its time to dominate.

Dubious

Reaction score
Limited role!?! Law is going to start opposite of Revis. The guy hasn't played all season long but he's an upgrade over David Barrett and who knows the Patriots better than Law?
Barrett has only started one game this season so he wouldn't be replacing him as is. Also Law's metrics aren't good enough to warrant him starting next to Revis let alone playing this thursday when he hasn't practiced with the team or had any experience in this defense, do you know what a complete disaster it would be if he went out and was in charge of covering Wes Welker. Revis/Lowery combination will stand and Law will play time at NB and possibly safety, don't expect anything more or less.

Hoffa

Reaction score
He is washed up, he won't do nothing special for the Jets at all.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
I wouldn't call him washed up until I see what he can do.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Law is wearing a new jersey number this time around, taking the No. 22 he wore during his college days at Michigan. Second-year cornerback Darrelle Revis wears No. 24 -- in honor of his mentor -- but Law didn't ask him to give up the number.

The Jets released cornerback Justin Miller, a Pro Bowl kick returner in 2006, to make room for Law.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
I wouldn't call him washed up until I see what he can do.
+1

And Barrett hasn't started with Revis, it's been the rookie Lowery that's stepped up as a starter ever since Justin Miller got hurt. Really happy bout the signing, but I hate to see Justin Miller go. Hopefully Law still has good football left in him.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Oh yeah, Ty Law. Michigan Alum, definately am excited to see what he will do.

Goes into the game with 52 career picks, leaves with 54. A bit of a stretch but hey, a kid can dream. :D

yezzir

Reaction score
Oh yeah, Ty Law. Michigan Alum, definately am excited to see what he will do.

Goes into the game with 52 career picks, leaves with 54. A bit of a stretch but hey, a kid can dream. :D
Haha, are you talking about the game tomorrow against the Pats? I wouldn't mind that at all either, if he even ends up playing. ;)

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
TY law is threw. If the chiefs dont want you your threw.

cyclone2426

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, kinda got a point there lol. But I think they probably brought him in especially for this Pats game to try to give them a slight edge. He knows the Pats and he brings experience that many of their DB's don't have.

yezzir

Reaction score
Haha, a cornerback never does good when he doesn't have help from the rest of the defense. Plus, the Chiefs released him because his high veteran salary cap was a problem and they were concerned about his health.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Good pick-up for Jets, but not sure if it'll do much. Because Law hasn't played for a while. So don't expect a good game from him tonight because he'll be a little bit rusty. But in a few games, he'll be able to cover #2 recievers on the depth chart.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Chiefs were good talent evaluators, they wouldn't be 1-8 or 2-7 or whatever they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%