Knicks Hope To Sign-And-Trade Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
but if Detroit traded for him, he'd be guarding biggers C's more often..

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He plays the other teams center for us, because we played small ball. It wouldnt be anything new for him.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dez your smart enough to know he is not a C annd shouldn't even be guarding C's.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree, but we had noone else to play the position.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For the ignorant fools who say he isn't worth a high pick: Last year, the Knicks nearly moved him in a trade to the Grizz for the 5th pick... Following a 16/12 season in which he lead the league in double doubles, I'd say he still has some value.

For the ignorant fools who say he is a "system player": David Lee was not a full-time starter before, and he was given around 6 more MPG this year than before. He has solid range for a PF (money jumper from FT line and in, 15 feet now and then), has nice moves, and is an amazing rebounder. What people don't understand is that being a "system player" doesn't effect him because he has a high FG% anyway... If you give him shots in an ANY system, he'll score 56% of the time.

He is "undersized", sure... Did that stop him from getting 12 rebounds? Did that stop him from shooting a career 56%, mostly inside against tough opponents? No. Let's not forget his prowess in the McDonalds HS All American Dunk Contest, something Dwight Howard wasn't invited to. =)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Right, but thing is. Now people like Rip are thinking he would be a great fit. Don't get me wrong, if David had a Center like Cmaby/Kaman/Tyson/Nene he would look even better.. but he by no means deserves 8-10mill and that what I think some team might throw at him.. I'm just hoping Dumars doesn't offer that to him or Milsap.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For the record, Al Harrington played center, not David Lee. Lee just covered the better of the 2 opposing big men.

Lee when guarding centers this season gave up 12.5 PP36, and 13.5 to PF... He isn't a liability, just because his blocks may indicate otherwise.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also one more little thing, defensive player of the year Dwight allowed 13 PP36 last year. People hold their ground in their own different ways.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Right, but thing is. Now people like Rip are thinking he would be a great fit. Don't get me wrong, if David had a Center like Cmaby/Kaman/Tyson/Nene he would look even better.. but he by no means deserves 8-10mill and that what I think some team might throw at him.. I'm just hoping Dumars doesn't offer that to him or Milsap.
SMH, I never said he'd be a good fit if he was the tallest player in our front-court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%