Knicks Hope To Sign-And-Trade Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
In an apparent attempt to maximize salary cap space in 2010 while still getting value in return, Donnie Walsh is trying to work a sign-and-trade deal for David Lee.

RealGM Note: The Globe article did not mention specifics, but the Knicks would likely look for contracts/picks in return that do not greatly impact 2010 cap space.
Hate to put my Detroit input yet again, but I'd love to see him in Detroit. He is blue collar and would be great here. Depending on what NY wants, we have three 2nd rounders and a small contract in Amir, and the cap space to handle him. But they'd probably want more than Amir.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh, he hustle's but just like Millsap is he worth 8-10mill? I'd say no. He socres off pick and rols and could work nicley with Stuckey but agian, I'll pass on this. Besides we need a C not an undersized PF.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
16 and 12 is worth 8-10 million, still fairly young too.

He is a blue collar player, something we need and have lost. Ben and Chauncey were, both gone.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He is not worth that Rip, no undersized PF who would get abused by the 7 footers all day long deserves that. He's not Ben he can't handle that. If we had a real C that could handle the 7 footers then I'd be all for it.

But don't get me wrong I'd rather have David then Boozer, but just like Boozer I'd want to see us trade for a C and sign a SG aswell.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well no <Censored> lol. I don't want to get Lee then call it a day. If all we got was Lee, I'd be pissed.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Joe is gonna be spending this money just for the sake of spending it watch....

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Joe is gonna be spending this money just for the sake of spending it watch....
That's what it's sounding like. I mean I'd be happy if we did sign BG and Milsap like the rumors I'm hearing, BUT I'd only like that if we moved Rip for Camby or as I perfer Kaman.

I DO NOT want to go in to next season with a Lineup of Stuckey BG Rip Tay Kwame :(

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I firgured this would happen, I wouldnt be surprised at all to see us trade him come draft day to move up.

But thats a horrible deal Rip, 2 2nds and Amir? Hell no lol DLee is worth more then that.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You guys would want expirings and hat what Amir is, but you can keep Lee or atleast don't trade with us lol.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We could find a better deal then that one is what Im saying. And Im sure Lee's new contract will be between 6-8 mil so we would have to take that in and Amir isnt making that much.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We have CAP space dez. Also a 1st rounder.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I forgot about your CAP space, a first and Amir is a much better deal. But Id rather us move up in the draft or acquire some future picks, if we shop him right we could get alot more for him then he's worth, we'll see what Walsh is about...

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lee is worth more than amir but I wouldnt give up a first for him unless its around the 20 range. He's a good player. But somewhat of a system player.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that's exactly what he is Young, a system player and he's not built and won't succed in a more real lineup of even a hlafcourt game. Lee will always look better when running with a shot happy smaller lineup or run and gun. He would not fit good in Detroit.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im being realistic, I wouldnt give up anything higher then a 15 pick for him, but I think we could get the Thunder or Grizz to bite if we offered DLee and the 8th pick. Same with the Kings, If I remember they were interested in him too.

I wonder what we'll do with Nate, I know he isnt going to take a deal where he's underpayed (by his standards) so I hope we'll be able to S&T him too.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Keep Nate and S&T Lee to the Grizz or Thunder with your pick for their pick..

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But hium being a system player isnt 100% right, we where a halfcourt team the two years before last and he put up double doubles, he's not a player you can run plays through, but he will get you 10 rebounds a game. Thats valued, and undersized PF's are "in" right now.

Im expecting to see a real good deal for us.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont see memphis trading with you guys. OKC would be your best bet right now. Memphis is in love with rubio. Only other prospects they are looking at are reke havoc and thabeet and both wouldnt be around your pick. So I doubt they deal with you.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
getting 10 rebounds don't mean jack when your getting out miscled by Dwight or KG every time you play..

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He doesnt play a Dwight or KG every game.

And he's still going to get rebounds and play hard defense regardless of who he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%