Jameer Nelson Could Return In Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
90% does not mean he is ready to come in and help you win games, it just mean he is 90% healed. He would still need to get his form back and that could take all 7 games lol.. That would only hurt you.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Magic will win regardless of if he plays or not. They shouldn't rush him, like stated before, he is an all-star, and you can't afford to put your all-star at more risk when you have a chance to win without him

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rafer hasnt been playing bad. So i wouldnt mess things up. They said he would come back in the c's series. So im taking this with a grain of salt.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Orlando has a lot of momentum coming off the ECF & I really like their chemistry. I wish I could say that adding Nelson in their game plan would do them no harm...but thats not the case. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...and right now Orlando doesn't have a whole lot of fixing to do.

I would love to see Jameer suit up and get a couple of minutes during the finals but not at the cost of ruining any chemistry, momentum or causing the guy more harm. Jameer is still young & doesn't need to rush his recovery in order to get some playing the time.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They should have him dress up every game, and then if they come home and are down at halftime, put him in for an emotional boost to the crowd... That's the only way I'd see it benefiting them.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I dont really see it making a difference really for them. I mean, emotionally yes, but not really with his presence. He has been out quite awhile to make a real impact this late.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They should have him dress up every game, and then if they come home and are down at halftime, put him in for an emotional boost to the crowd... That's the only way I'd see it benefiting them.
Or bring him on for 30 seconds if they are winning in a blow out for their fourth win

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
If he plays, it won't be the Jameer who led the Magic to those 2 wins (considering he was the leading scorer in both)

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It sucks to miss out on the playoffs, and I'm sure Jameer is just anxious to play. Anyways, like AE said..

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...and right now Orlando doesn't have a whole lot of fixing to do.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jameer Nelson's teammates are saying that the All-Star point guard will play in the NBA Finals.

"I expect to see him out there at some point in the series," backup guard Anthony Johnson said.

Nelson participated in a full practice with the club on Tuesday for the first time since tearing the labrum in his right shoulder Feb. 2.

Game 1 of the Finals against the Lakers will be Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%