Howard Suspended 2 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Press Release -
Josh Howard of the Dallas Mavericks has been suspended two games without pay for his involvement in an altercation with Sacramento Kings center Brad Miller, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.

Howard escalated a situation involving Miller and Mavericks' guard Devin Harris by running across the court, striking Miller in the back of the head with his forearm, pushing Miller in the back, and engaging with other Kings' players.

The incident occurred with 7:01 remaining in the second period of the Maverick’s 101-99 defeat of the Kings on Tuesday, Oct. 16 at Pan American Center in Las Cruces, N.M.

Howard will begin serving his suspension when the Mavericks open the 2007-08 regular season against Cleveland on Oct. 31 at Quicken Loans Arena.
LINK

Should have been 5 IMO...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well he got what was coming to him. There was no need for that shove, or the one Miller did, but oh well, maybe he'll think before he acts next time.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is <Censored>ing ridiculous as all Brad Miller gets is 0 games. So I guess a <Censored>ing brawl could take place but the person who started the brawl could get away and not get suspended.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Face it meng, the world just doesn't like the Mav's, just like how they don't like the Cowgirls. Must be something about Dallas ;D

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Didn't Brad Miller push Harris to the ground? I don't remember Howard pushing Miller that hard... Miller pretty much threw Harris.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this was totally just --- Miller never threw a punch

Howard escalated a situation involving Miller and Mavericks' guard Devin Harris by running across the court, striking Miller in the back of the head with his forearm, pushing Miller in the back, and engaging with other Kings' players.
he is VERY lucky it wasn't for longer

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From what it looks like Brad Miller hit the wrong person.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this was totally just --- Miller never threw a punch
he is VERY lucky it wasn't for longer
But Miller intentionally threw Devin Harris to the ground. I mean THREW HIM DOWN, he was the one that started it. I'm not supporting what Josh Howard did at all, I did think it was good he was standing up for our team, but for Brad Miller to do that intentionally and really begin what should have been nothing should at least lead him to a suspension to.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hq0hR49nwCE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hq0hR49nwCE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
From what it looks like Brad Miller hit the wrong person.
No, he's just a <Censored>, he got tangled up with Fazekas, but he overrated and found the smallest Mav on the court to push down. This isn't the first time he's hammered a Mavericks point guard either. I love it how he shys away from things when Howard and other guys get involved.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
ML, calm down and less with the cuss words. The punishment is over. Miller may have pushed Devin to the ground, but he didn't do anything afterwards. He also did not throw any punches and we all know whoever attempts punching gets punished. Like I said, Howard should be suspended for more, probably 5 games IMO.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He also did not throw any punches and we all know whoever attempts punching gets punished.
So the guy who starts the fight gets off like OJ? I mean yea he did nothing afterwards but to me it looks like he knocked a guy about a foot shorter than him to the ground. That, itself, deserves a fine at the very least...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LMAO, Howard. But he got what he deserved, Miller is ok on this a push isn't as bad as a punch.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this isnt the first time that the one who started it got of clean
remember the pistons/pacers fight?
Ben Wallace started the whole thing, and only got 6 games
compared to everyone else, that was pretty clean

back to this; i think that Howard's suspension is justifiable as is millers non-suspension

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree in a sense, I don't think Miller should have been suspended...but definitely fined, IMO. I mean come on this wasn't him just pushing back, he literally threw himself at whoever was behind him. It's not even the fact that it was Harris, he just blatantly tried to knock down whoever was behind him. And it was out of frustration too, I think that's what is wrong with Miller's actions.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Becuz of the Place brawl players now get suspended for stupid stuff.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miller didn't get suspended, cause he didn't start the fight, there was NO fight. Sure a little shove and probably a flop on Harris' part. Then Miller and Harris where talkin' some smack and Howard came out of no where and shoved Miller in the back of the head and had to be restrained from going after more people....and thats why Howard got suspended and Miller didn't.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that in a nut shell DJT

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That was no flop, that was an intentional flop. Brad Miller even said he did it intentionally because he was mad about the tangle up.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this isnt the first time that the one who started it got of clean
remember the pistons/pacers fight?
Ben Wallace started the whole thing, and only got 6 games
Ben Wallace didn't start anything? Ron Artest laid on the table by his own force, not Ben's. And then the drunk fan started the brawl, not Ben Wallace.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some people in this thread keep bring up a punch. There is no punch in that video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%