Heat and Wolves close to trade....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sources: Heat close to deal with Wolves for Davis, Blount

The Miami Heat, reeling from the continued injury absence of Dwyane Wade and an 0-7 record in the preseason, are on the verge of a double boost to their depleted roster, according to NBA front-office sources Wednesday.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Heat will soon complete a trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves to acquire swingman Ricky Davis and center Mark Blount.

The latest incarnation of the deal, according to one source, has Miami sending Antoine Walker, Michael Doleac and Wayne Simien to the Wolves for Davis and Blount.

Minnesota initially balked at taking back Walker in the deal, sources said, but it's believed that the Heat will send the Wolves at least one future draft pick to push the trade through.

Walker has fallen farther and farther out of favor with Miami coach Pat Riley since the Heat's 2006 championship, in part because of conditioning issues, but Minnesota might also have been convinced to shed its reservations and make the swap because Walker has only one year left on his contract more than Blount.

Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com.

HORRIBLE trade for the T'Wolves, Davis is their main offensive threat now their shipping him out?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and the Wolves would have 2 unhappy PF in Howard & Toine...

is there someone in next year's draft that's the next LeBron I don't know about that MIN is aiming for?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man if that goes down the Heat would be a real deal threat again.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Geez Minnesota's GM needs to be slapped. Ricky Davis is probably their best offensive player, even though I think they are shying away from him, and Mark Blount is a good shooting (mid-range) big man. And who are they getting an unproven big in Simien, an oldy who is well past his prime days, and Doleac...who just plain stinks.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The trade is going to happen it is just waiting league approvel.

GameOver

ONE HANDED SUPERMAN BACK FLIP FTW
Reaction score
this trade sucks davis is thare best player why trade a good player and a starting center if jefferson starts at pf for almost nothing i mean walker is geting real old doleac sucks and Simien why the hell do they need him dont they have 50 power fowards on roster and come on a future draft pick they better got a frist this year if they do they might have a nice draft with how its shapeing up right now if thye get the hears frist they will have a top 1-10 pick on thare own i dont think they will do good this year and pick 15-last in round form heat and 20-last pick in round form boston if one of thare 1st round picks form the kg trade is this years frist rounder.

but rickey davis might not be happy with the heat when d wade gets back he wont get the ball alot so his points per game will drop a huge amount cuz we all know on the offensive side the heats job is to get the ball to d wade 85% of the time if not more this might be a nice line up with shaq at c davis at sf d wade at sg when he gets back and jason williams at pg sorry i dont know who will play pf.

its looking like they t wovles are trying to clear cap space with all they expireing contracts they have this year

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Blount or Haslem would play PF. And Blount probably woudn't be a starter this season for Minnesota if somehow he stayed. They have been going a different way all through the pre-season.

Done deal, ESPN just reported.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
now official

pick is a conditional first round pick

Miami sent Antoine Walker, Michael Doleac and Wayne Simien and a conditional first-round draft pick to the Wolves for Davis and Blount.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would anyone want Walker, I mean seriously

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think it was more that Miami wouldn't do deal unless Walker was part and Davis/Blount wanted out of Minn badly

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Still I wouldn't take him no matter what. He's a team killer.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Howard wants out of Minny badly to.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, they didn't really need Ricky Davis, because they are trying to rebuild and they want to get guys like Randy Foye, Corey Brewer, Gerald Green and Rashad McCants more playing time...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea just like I was saying they were going a different direction then Davis....but still a dumb trade.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Once I saw the name Antoine Walker I laughed. He is the complete opposite of the type of player you want on your team with young players.

.loggie

Reaction score
Yeah if they were rebuilding why would they pick up Antoine Walker. What's he going to do, teach rookies to take contested shots?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My guess is they wanted Simien....maybe hopefully they want to trade Walker, even though I don't know who would take him, or release him and free up more space.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I never said Walker would be staying in Minnesota, they can either buy him out or, if there is a team interested, send him somewhere else.

-Torres-

The Truth
Reaction score
I'm glad Miami is getting some help, Davis will be good on there team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%