Has McGrady quit on Rockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mark it down. It was Jan. 2, 2009, 1:16 left in the third quarter, when there was a seismic shift in the Rockets' world, when the tectonic plates opened up and swallowed an era. The official play-by-play sheet simply says: Jamario Moon slam dunk. Anybody who was watching at the Air Canada Centre or on TV knows it was the precise moment that Tracy McGrady quit on the Rockets. Yao Ming knows it. You could read it all over his scowling face as he sat on the bench through the final embarrassing minutes of horrid game. Rick Adelman knows it. You could read it between the lines of his post-game comments when he said he would not talk about any individual performances. Ron Artest knows it. You could tell that a week ago when Artest dragged his sore and ballooning right ankle onto the court to gut out an overtime win against the Jazz when McGrady made himself a late scratch during the post parade. Oh, it was so much more than just 2-for-9 shooting and 4 points in 27 minutes. It was aimless shuffling around the court on offense and defense. It was standing five feet behind the 3-point line, feet rooted to one spot, and simply playing pitch and catch with the ball. It was Moon driving in from the right side of the basket and seeing McGrady stop running, practically hold the door open and offering to carry Moon's books home from school as he went by for a dunk that would have been more contested in the pre-game layup line. It was the body language from the opening minutes of the game to the bitter, pathetic end that screamed out loud that McGrady would rather have been any other place on the planet than on that court with that team. It is a waste of time and effort to go back over all of his empty promises and contradictions from the start of training camp or over his four-plus seasons in Houston. Just say this: He is an extraordinary talent - T-Mac - who is capable of taking your breath away. Yet as a competitor - Tiny Tim-mac - he can be blown away in a gentle breeze.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yep.
Tmac's glory days are over, he's the 3rd best player on that team.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yep.
Tmac's glory days are over, he's the 3rd best player on that team.
5th
Scola and Battier are better

hell, maybe he's even lower. Aaron Brooks has been tearing it up this season

_roboy

Reaction score
Hah.. guess this is kinda like what his cousin did to a greater extent..

Anyways, Scola > T-Mac no doubt.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
T-Pain is <Censored>ty. I cant believe i used to think this dude could compare to bean.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love the name T-Pain.

They need to trade him while they can get something for him.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
With Artest and Yao, they should keep T-mac on the IR until he's 100%... A 100% T-mac is still an all star, I think.

He's taking 13 shots per game - 7 less than last year. And 12 less than his career high.

It's not all his fault.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like I said before, he looked injured on that play.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
He's not fully healthy, and hate to bring up last year, but who was there leader during that huge winning-streak? T-Mac.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah, him and Artest are playing hurt. and what was TMac supposed to do on the play, foul him and risk gettin an intentional?

I'm the first to say TMac has been playing soft this year, but his injuries are piling up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%