Harrington: Trade? Re-sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

When asked to assess New York's season recently, coach Mike D'Antoni made no mention of Al Harrington and there is a growing belief that the Knicks could deal him this summer. Harrington has one year left on his contract, and teams might value the him because he'll come off the books in the famed summer of 2010.

Marc Berman of the New York Post pointed out that Harrington simply hasn't fit into D'Antoni system, which favors players that can distribute the ball and make others better.
LINK

Al Harrington told the media before Tuesday's game that he has reason to believe, despite his expiring contract next season, he will remain a Knick beyond 2010. "I know that Donnie wants me here long-term; I've talked to him about that," he said. "I know Coach likes a lot of what I do out there on the court, so I can't worry about it."
LINK

Whatever we decide to do I hope we dont choose to re-sign Big Al, even though he puts up numbers, there are better options out there. Unless he'll play for cheap I think letting him expire or trading him would be better.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Wonder what NYK could get for him. Prob not to much, but theres probably playoff contenders out there who would offer

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He puts up SCORING numbers but that's it. He doesn't really look to pass the ball, although at the same time he can handle to balland play "little" for a big man. He's like a SG in a PF body.

I doubt you resign him, just for the fact he is not a team guy. I also don't see him getting traded.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont think it would be a huge trade BUT Big Al has averaged 20PPG 6RPG with us, and he expires after next season, so its not going to be a steal

[EDIT:] But I completely agree with what Pugz said. Thats the reason I dont wanna resign him. Rather just let him expire unless we get a trade offer, where we getting a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%