Grizzlies Waive Tarence Kinsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
The Memphis Grizzlies announced today that they have requested waivers on guard Tarence Kinsey.

Kinsey, a 6-6, 189-pound guard, was averaging 3.6 points and 1.1 rebounds in 8.7 minutes in 11 appearances this season. An undrafted free agent out of South Carolina, he averaged 7.7 points and 2.0 rebounds in his rookie season with the Grizzlies in 2006-07. Kinsey came on strong late in the season when he was named the NBA’s Western Conference Rookie of the Month after averaging 18.8 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 2.63 steals last April.

The current roster stands at 13 players.
Hope the Mavs take a look at this guy, sounds like a player that fits the Avery system from what I read on nbadraft.net about him a year ago. Like a younger George or Jones

Strengths: Kinsey's best quality was after a great off season working on his game, he came to play nearly every night, and was the focal point of the team ... For a 2, he's got good size, good handle, good effort, and is a smart player and good passer ... His shot is smooth. Shoots free throws at a good clip: 85% ... Long arms: Wing span is 78 1/2 inches ... Smart defender, not exactly great on the ball, but smart help defender, team defender … Good passer. Doesn't turnover much ... He's a good defender. quick hands, and gets steals. Averaged over 1 per as so, jr, and sr (the seasons he actually played) ... Has a great rebounding frame, and solid athleticism, quick leaper, great lateral movement ... He didn't do much as a so and jr, was more a complimentary player, but flourished this year, and really looked strong at the end of the year ...

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe Sacramento will pick this guy up...they seem to pick up every guy waived on the market. L0l. But really, if they trade Bibby (which I guarentee they will before the deadline) they could use more help at the 1 spot.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dang why did the Grizzlies let him go....well I guess he wasn't getting much time, but still he was a good player when he got time.

damelo

Reaction score
Well, not that important... They are full of talent at guard position. And if he was unhappy and expressing himself too much... then , it was better for the team to let him go.

For Sacramento, they got the hold up of the year with Beno. I already thought he had talent, but he is too much of a scorer for Pop's style. He'll never be Slovenia's number 1 PG with Lakovic in the place, but he can be a NBA starter, and with the Kings, they should give him their confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%