Gerald Green Verbal Agreement with Mavs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From myfoxhouston.com
HOUSTON -- Free agent guard Gerald Green has agreed to a one-year contract with the Dallas Mavericks. Green, a first round pick of the Boston Celtics in 2005, was part of the trade that sent Kevin Garnett from Minnesota to Boston. The Timberwolves traded Green to Houston last season. He played in one game for his home town team before being released.

Green was the NBA Slam-Dunk Champion at the 2007 All-Star Game.

"We have a verbal agreement with Dallas on a one year contract," said Colin Bryant, Green's agent in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "We talked to a number of teams and there is more money out there, but this is the best situation for Gerald at this point in his career."

Green went from high school to the NBA. He played at Gulf Shores Academy in Houston.

Bryant believes the Mavericks coaching staff can help Green build a solid foundation.

"With (Head) Coach (Rick) Carlisle and Mario Elie, they will be vital to Gerald's development," Bryant said. "Playing for the Mavericks will help elevate his game."

Elie is a Mavericks assistant coach.

In three years in the NBA Green has averaged 8.1 points and 1.8 rebounds a game.
OMFG. KIDD TO GERALD GREEN

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im jealous

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Honestly,
I cant wait to watch Dallas summer league games and season games in my dorm! Gerald is going to be AMAZING under Carlisle and since Ive gotten to watch Gerald for 3 years (including HS games Ive downloaded) I believe he will be able to compete for the starting seed. Jerry plays his best ball now coming off the bench and Howard might be on his way out to Sacramento for Ron Artest. Something is telling me that itll happen. Anyways think of this:

C - Eric Dampier/ DeSagana Diop
PF - Dirk Nowitzki/ Brandon Bass
SF - Josh Howard (Ron Artest)/ Jerry Stackhouse
SG - Jason Terry/ Gerald Green
PG - Jason Kidd/ JJ Beara

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know he has talent, but he was a FA at the end of the season (I mean during the season, after the ASB) and none of the 30 teams wanted to give him a chance...

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Gerald Green i think is gonna have a real nice future. I hated to see Green go from the Celtics. So Mavs just picked up a real nice young player.

.loggie

Reaction score
yeah after he left boston he became sort of a bum. minney traded him to houston then they waived him but i think he'll be nice fit for the mavericks

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was sad when Green got waived by Houston, but Houston already had a nice group of young guards they were already in the process of developing. He should do nicely in Dallas, he's in the right situation...

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Honestly,
I cant wait to watch Dallas summer league games and season games in my dorm! Gerald is going to be AMAZING under Carlisle and since Ive gotten to watch Gerald for 3 years (including HS games Ive downloaded) I believe he will be able to compete for the starting seed. Jerry plays his best ball now coming off the bench and Howard might be on his way out to Sacramento for Ron Artest. Something is telling me that itll happen. Anyways think of this:

C - Eric Dampier/ DeSagana Diop
PF - Dirk Nowitzki/ Brandon Bass
SF - Josh Howard (Ron Artest)/ Jerry Stackhouse
SG - Jason Terry/ Gerald Green
PG - Jason Kidd/ JJ Beara
I hope you are right. What makes you think that trade'll go down?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why are you so hyped about a guy who can basically only dunk? -_- I'm sure he can shoot a little but what someone posted posted above there was pretty much a reason for why the Rockets cut him and no one else signed him.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chill Maple, this sign isn't going to help you do much at all.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Pistons signed him you'd love it

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes I would, but he wouldn't help us do much..

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hes going to help us.

Dampier / Diop
Dirk / Bass
JH5 / Antoine Wright
JET / Green
Kidd / Barea

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Green isn't even that good though lol.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's 22, a freak athlete, and will play with Jason Kidd. Not to mention he also shoots 36% from the field

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Heck he's the same age as Stuckey lol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah but if you think this is going to take you back to the finals you are wrong my friend.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's 22, a freak athlete, and will play with Jason Kidd. Not to mention he also shoots 36% from the field
Do you realize how bad 36% from the field is? Thats atrocious, 36% shows he either has a bad shot selection or just cant hit his shots.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I think this kid still has tons of potential. Maybe he'll be in a deal for Artest if the Mavs try to get him. I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%