Favre a Viking in '09?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nobody is quite sure what Brett Favre's status is concerning next season but most of us are in agreement with one thing...he wont be a New York Jet. That said, lets assume Favre does heal up during the off-season & that itch to play doesn't go away. Is Brett Favre handing the ball off to Adrian Peterson and throwing to Bernard Berrian & Sidney Rice in 2009?

Look, not only did Thomas Jones' comments directed towards Favre signify how much the quarterback has worn out his welcome in New York, but new Jets head coach Rex Ryan has made zero concessions toward Favre. The Vikings were licking their chops at the opportunity to land Favre prior to last season & it didn't work out. But given Favre's shaky status with the Jets, the timing may now be right for making a move.

As it was pointed out last season, if its another Super Bowl title Favre covets, then the Vikings are a perfect fit. -AE

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
normally i would hate this idea.. but i like it now.. an accurate qb would make the vikings explode on offense.. tjack could take a whole year and sit back and learn from favre and gus.. he just needs to develop./

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As a Packer fan I hate to see him in a Vikings uniform but I would love to see the Favre and Peterson tandem. It just makes me want him to sign that deal.

Macken

GFX Crew Capt
Reaction score
As a Packer fan I hate to see him in a Vikings uniform but I would love to see the Favre and Peterson tandem. It just makes me want him to sign that deal.
screw favre and peterson... i wanna see favre > Berrian > Rice > Shiancoe

dlc7619

Reaction score
Favre a Viking that would be great. ISn't that where he wanted to go anyway?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
that would be great for them, but I dont know if its a good idea for him. He should just retire, seriously.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After the Jets' late season collapse, I think Favre is just as turned off by them as they are him. I do think Favre retires if the Jets or a team like the Bucs are his only option at this point.

But Favre is a guy that can be persuaded an I think that if the Vikings' call, they can talk him into it. The Vikings are the most Super Bowl ready team of any interested in Favre's services and it's pretty agreeable that Minnesota is a good quarterback away from being a huge contender.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
ya they got a shot if they have the right person, but Favre's gonna have to make the decision in a timely fashion and not miss out on Training Camp, etc.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
This would be real good for Minnesota

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If this happens it better happen quick and painless...if I have to go through another 3 months of hearing about Brett Favre, I'll take a flamethrower to this place! (obviously not, but the point is there..)

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If this happens it better happen quick and painless...if I have to go through another 3 months of hearing about Brett Favre, I'll take a flamethrower to this place! (obviously not, but the point is there..)
I'd have to agree on that, but I honestly don't think we are going to see even a fraction of the attention paid to Favre this off-season. The fact that he has already left Green Bay after all those years & we've already seen him in a different uniform...I honestly don't think anybody gives a hoot anymore.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd have to agree on that, but I honestly don't think we are going to see even a fraction of the attention paid to Favre this off-season. The fact that he has already left Green Bay after all those years & we've already seen him in a different uniform...I honestly don't think anybody gives a hoot anymore.
True, but nobody outside of NY or GB cared last offseason either...at least not the majority.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
I'm also tired of seeing Brett Favre all over sportscenter. I hope it gets done sooner than last year when it took about the whole offseason for Favre to get moved to the Jets.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm also tired of seeing Brett Favre all over sportscenter. I hope it gets done sooner than last year when it took about the whole offseason for Favre to get moved to the Jets.
This off-season we are going to have Tom Brady's status constantly crammed down our throats...along with whatever happens with Matt Cassel.

Ray Lewis will also be a huge story & I really think Jerry Jones is going to wake up one morning and finally realize that Wade Phillips and Terrell Owens have to go.

dlc7619

Reaction score
TO really needs to go out of football itself to much of a drama queen

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't even think he'd be effective next year. He collapsed late in the year, and it's not like the Vikings have that good of a receiver core to help him out. Sure he'll have a nice running game to support him but Thomas Jones had a pretty solid year as well for the Jets.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
normally i would hate this idea.. but i like it now.. an accurate qb would make the vikings explode on offense.. tjack could take a whole year and sit back and learn from favre and gus.. he just needs to develop./

lmfao I used to think so about that accurate part too.
When the Jets got him, Packers fans told me not to get excited and i was like yeah right hes amazing.
He is not good, he is not what you think he is, and is not going to do anything more in the NFL this season.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lmfao I used to think so about that accurate part too.
When the Jets got him, Packers fans told me not to get excited and i was like yeah right hes amazing.
He is not good, he is not what you think he is, and is not going to do anything more in the NFL this season.
Your telling me exactly what I told Jets' fans last season and something along the lines of what I have been saying about the guy his whole career.

Favre has always had the luxury of a great offensive line, great receivers, and good support from his defense. The guy is a freaking gunslinger that makes some of the most dangerous throws I have ever seen. I swear, I will never forget that first bomb he threw off his back foot as a Jet. Lucky for him, Stuckey made one hell of a catch but that didn't erase the fact that it was a jump ball, thrown in the 1st quarter of a 4 quarter game. It's no wonder the guy has thrown more interceptions than any other quarterback in the history of the league.

Believe me, I know very well that Favre's kamikaze style of quarterbacking, mixed with our unreliable receiving corps is a dangerous combination.

Favre is old & I don't want him. McNabb would be the veteran QB I covet in Minnesota next.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
That would be a great fit for Favre if he wants another chance at a ring but i don't think he'll be winning a title again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%