Edwards to NY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes u can say and I did. He plays like it now and he will most likely do it all his life
Lol, that makes no sense.

If thats your logic, Im sure you would have said the same the season he had 16 TD's

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He probably will be much better then last year, I blame some of his failures because of Romeo Crennel not being an assertive coach, he really doesn't get in the players face, and when the team notices that Edwards wont go over the middle and he's afraid of contact, the coach has to start yelling and doing whatever do get him to do it... Looks like he will be on his way out and Crabtree will be in.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
crosco has no clue what he's talking about, Braylon Edwards was in a slump last season, it's something 95% of the NFL Players go through at some point, look at LT last season, was he some kind of all-star miracle worker? No, he was in a slump...

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea, but there is a difference, people saw LT's decline coming. Well I did atleast.

Edwards was in only his 4th year and people had high expectations after that amazing 3rd year. And finally didnt he like miss training camp and that was major reason to his slow start?

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
Yeah, but that's kind of stuff we need to put behind us. Terell Owens is still in the NFL, that proves that people know how to make certain things, things of the past. They don't take it to the cornhole. We need to just give Braylon a chance to show us what he can do. He'll even get to keep his number 17 now that 'One Foot' Plaxico Burress is gone.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea, Im not agreeing with what drosco said. I just think that no one saw Edwards playing like that. I would def take a shot at him.

On a side note, damn! I need to get a new giants jersey, I had a blue plax jersey......

And I dont want an eli cuz thats boring. Jacobs is worn by everyone nowadays. Idk wat to get.....

I think I want a Tuck jersey. Dont like white with red. Think im gonna go with blue once again.

VC15

Reaction score
On a side note, damn! I need to get a new giants jersey, I had a blue plax jersey......

And I dont want an eli cuz thats boring. Jacobs is worn by everyone nowadays. Idk wat to get.....

I think I want a Tuck jersey. Dont like white with red. Think im gonna go with blue once again.
Can't go wrong with a blue Umenyiora jersey either. ;)

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a blue Umenyiora jersey either. ;)
Thats true, but I feel Tuck is a lot better. And besides I like his SOBE commercial better than Osi's 5 hour energy drink commercial, lol.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I gurantee that this trade gets done. There is a lot of talk that it will get done and I have a feeling that Mangenious doesnt like Edwards all that much.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I love Braylon (no homo), but he does drop more passes than he should. It`s alright though, he will step it up and his true potential will shine.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope for his sake he learns to catch in NY... If he thinks it got bad here with the fans in Cleveland, he'll be in for a lot more in NY when or if he struggles with catching the easy passes.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
One bad year doesnt mean he cant catch

Theres a reason he had 16TDS and 1000+ yards the season before.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, he got that in a pass happy offense with a big armed QB playing a weak schedule.. I realize I am putting him down but 2007 has looked like an extreme fluke. I have never seen a WR single handily cost a team game(s) until last year. He had that great year in 2007, then all of his flaws started to show last season when he didn't have all of these deep passes going his way. He relies way to heavily on the deep play and does not complete the short stuff.

He will always drop passes, pretty sure he was up there in the lead league in 2007 even with his great year, but it was over shadowed by his TDs. He definitely needs a good set of WR's next to him to play great.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that the potential Braylon Edwards trade to the Giants is "on hold."

Sal Pal points out that Cleveland has no other suitors, so Giants GM Jerry Reese holds the cards. Reese has only offered second- and fifth-round picks. The Browns want at least a first-round pick, and probably Mathias Kiwanuka. This deal isn't expected before Saturday, if it happens at all.
Related: Giants

VC15

Reaction score
Smart move Jerry, keep the pressure on them.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And then if the Browns decide to keep what Giants fan think is an all-pro, they'll be without a pure #1 WR. But he'll probably be dealt.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
thing is the Browns want to trade him and we want to trade for him. Noone else is even a potential buyer for the guy, so its either trade him for whats there or dont trade him at all.

It's gonna come down to their pick. When they're on the clock Reese is gonna make that call and maybe bump up to a 4th rd pick, but I dont see him going any higher.

Good by Reese not being talked into trading Kiwi.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If we're able to get Edwards w/o giving up a 1st or Kiawanuka, then I believe thats a steal for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%