Edwards to NY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
According to a report on ESPN 950 in Philadelphia, the New York Giants and Cleveland Browns have agreed in principle on a trade that would land wide receiver Braylon Edwards in East Rutherford in exchange for a first and fifth-round draft pick.
Haven't see anything else on it yet, take it for whats it worth... I think this guarantees the Browns take Crabtree at #5 if its true.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Damn Idk about getting Edwards...... he drops a lot of passes... I guess we could take a chance on him.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's a stud, all the dropped passes will fade away. And once he gets a steady winning team he'll beast and his confidence will go up.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's not really a stud... He was in 07, but he showed all of his flaws last season. He wont go over the middle, he shys away from contact and he has no hands. I wish he would have had his 2007 success but he just completely broke down and did nothing to help the team, he was one of the main reasons Derek Anderson lost his job.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But he's going to a super bowl team and he's like what 25 26 years old? He's only going to get better I think.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I just don't see him as that good anymore.. He might become better in New York if this is true, and it wouldn't bother me if he becomes amazing. He thinks Browns fan's bo him because he is from Michigan, even though the fans cheered him on in 07, then he started dropping everything and was terrible, he gets Bo'd like he should and he just says its because he's from Michigan. My best bet is he would leave during free agency anyway so it's better to get picks in a deal.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
He has his good days and his bad

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This was a move we needed to make, we are in HUGE need of a goto guy, and even though he really suffered last season I hope he can recreate what he did the season before.

VC15

Reaction score
If he can play like he did against us last year on a consistent basis this year, then I'm fine with the move.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I had a feeling it would end up not true.. I think the Browns are trying to get a starting caliber WR in a deal if they trade Edwards.

dmhtfld

Reaction score
well when the talk about him to the giants started about 2 or 3 weeks ago they were saying him to new york for a first 3rd and either hixon or that manningham

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
BE17 in NYG is what we need. He was our first loss in the 08 Season, yes it was all his work alone, and now we can have him carry us to victory, with Plax gone, Eli needs a big play receiver.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
BE17 in NYG is what we need. He was our first loss in the 08 Season, yes it was all his work alone, and now we can have him carry us to victory, with Plax gone, Eli needs a big play receiver.
I say we go after Lauriniatis and lock up that LBing core. Trade like kiwanuka.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with you FPS, I would like to see us draft Laurinaitis or Maualuga and package Kiawanuka and our 2nd or 3rd for Edwards.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
We'd have to trade ourselves hire to get Laurinaitis... look at my sig, I'm a huge Little Animal fan... I would love to have him in NYG, but we're drafting way too late to get him... we'd be lucky to even get Maulauga... We need to get rid of Kiwanuka if we want a higher draft position or a LB... Kiwanuka is a natural Linebacker, so he'd have to be a LB again because Osi Umenyiora is back and he can't play Linebacker if we get Maulauga or Laurinaitis. He probably could play in the front seven with Antonio Pierce and (Laurinaitis/Maulauga)

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kiawanuka isnt a natural LB at all, he's a DE, he showed that his 1st season as a LB. He struggled as a LB and thats the reason we really dont need him as much

I know I saw Laurinaitis falling to us in a few mock drafts, I really wanted Maualuga but he's not going to be there and if James insnt there either them we should def draft Hakeem Nicks.

dcrosco76

Reaction score
It sounds like a win loss for the giants. Win because he can be a play maker, loss bacause he dropps a lot of pass.

VC15

Reaction score
It sounds like a win loss for the giants. Win because he can be a play maker, loss bacause he dropps a lot of pass.
You can't say it's win/loss until he gets here and plays.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yea I say we take a chance on him, I mean our 1st round pick on Moss and 2nd rounder of Mario havent paid off and those were chances to some extent. So I say why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%