Dunn to play elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Comments posted by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution indicates that Falcons running back Warrick Dunn may be playing out the rest of his career elsewhere in 2008. "I can't go out like this," said Dunn, an 11-year veteran who rushed for 4,310 yards over the past four seasons.

"This is not the way I think anyone should go out. Any guy whose ever thinking about retiring and had to go through a situation like this, I don't think this is the way you should go out. You need to go out on better terms. I'll definitely come back next year and play football."

Dunn went as far as to call the Falcons 2007 season "miserable" and is confident in the fact that he can continue to play at a high-level for at least one more season. Dunn has only been able to amass 648 yards in 15 games this season. Dunn has 1-year at $4 million remaining on his contract in Atlanta.

Dunn says that he is unsure whether or not the Falcons want him back but says that he hates to pack up and leave. Second year back Jerious Norwood has been implemented more and more into the Falcons' offense, however it is yet to be seen whether or not the 'speedster' can shoulder the load himself.

As for now, Dunn says: "We'll see what happens." -AE

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope he stays we really need him and he's really loved in Atlanta

bulls12

Reaction score
I can actually see him leaving. the Falcons need more of a big back, so perhaps they'll make a try at drafting Jonathan Stewart in the 2nd round if he's not gone by then.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He should go back to Tampa Bay that would be sweet, but other than that, it would be good for him to stay.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this opens the door for them to take McFadden now, especially since it looks like Miami is gonna pass up him with the story about Ricky

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Most likely, i'm not happy though cause I like Dunn alot, but Norwood seems to do really good every now and then, then the next game he doesn't do anything.

Faber

Reaction score
It would be really stupid to draft DMC. We need a power back in Atlanta; Norwood is an absolute monster when he gets the chance to play.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
power back do not produce for long haul (ala Bam Morris, Mike Anderson, etc) and the Falcons already have Norwood. they need a scatback who can carry the bulk of the load and catch out of the backfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%