Did Warriors get robbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
true that. Lakers > Rockets

as for the mavs/lakers/warriors, the trick to beating the warriors is to have a big man eat them alive.
The mavs didnt have a big man to pound it inside, and suffered.
The Lakers are gonna have 2 legit bigs playing the warriors(if we play them). The warriors even made Lamar Odom, LAMAR ODOM for goodness sake, look like Dwight Howard.
the warriors would be no match for the Lakers
Well Andris Biedrins is a good defender if he can stay out of foul trouble.

If the Warriors are on fire shooting I just don't think you can beat them.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well Andris Biedrins is a good defender if he can stay out of foul trouble.

If the Warriors are on fire shooting I just don't think you can beat them.
Andris Biedrins made LO look like Dwight Howard. And you shoulda seen Bynum play him early in the season. WOW
look, the Warriors are a very good team, but if your pounding it inside, they dont stand a chance

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
We already beat you guys when you had Bynum earlier this season. Remember Baron kissing the crowd? :D

And Pau? Who's Pau? He flops so much. Stephen Jackson pwns Pau and he was nothing to us when we had Jackson gaurd him when he was in Memphis.

I want the series to be Warriors-Lakers. I want revenge from the ridiculous call Bob Delaney made with Fisher the FLOPPER.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why The Lakers Would Beat The Warriors In The Playoffs

The back-to-back games on Sunday and Monday launched NBA observers into a frenzy imagining how exciting a first round matchup between the Lakers and Warriors would be.

I would love to see the Warriors meet the Lakers because they both play such an attractive brand of basketball which rewards and highlights skilled players, but I actually (even as a Warriors' fan) have mild expectations for the competitiveness of the meeting, if it happens.

1. Odom Destroys The Warriors

Lamar Odom has a per 40 FIC of 21.19 in four games against the Warriors this season. With his length, he absolutely kills them on the glass, averaging 17.0 rebounds in four games. The Lakers have outrebounded Golden State by a margin of +7.7 per game.

Odom has also averaged 18.5 points on 48.3% shooting.

2. Golden State Settles For Too Many 3-Pointers In Halfcourt

The Lakers have discovered a surefire way to control the Warriors in the halfcourt; stick Odom on Stephen Jackson and Kobe Bryant on Baron Davis. No other player on Golden State is capable of posting up and the length of both Lakers nullifies the strength of both Jackson and Davis. The Lakers deployed this strategy to perfection in Monday's game and as a result, the Warriors frequently shot early possession 3-pointers knowing that grinding it out in the halfcourt would accomplish little.

3. They Are Even Only When Gasol And Bynum Are On The Shelf

The Warriors have yet to see Pau Gasol in purple and gold and Andrew Bynum has played very well in his two appearances, averaging 18.5 points and 13.5 rebounds.

With Gasol on the floor, the Lakers will essentially have three seven-foot scorers, unlike the Mavericks' single scoring seven-footer who was able to be neutralized by strong-bodied guards.

In his one game against Golden State this season (back when he was with the Grizzlies), Gasol scored 43 points on 68% shooting while also grabbing 11 boards.

Bynum is not a lock to even return and will certainly not be as effective as he was in December, but the boost from Gasol alone will be significant.

4. Kobe Has Been Decidedly Average Against GSW

Kobe injured himself during the 4th quarter of the second game and has been extremely ordinary overall. He has shot 36.8% from the floor and just 23.1% from 3-point territory. Like the rest of the club, he has rebounded well against the Warriors, averaging 9.3 rebounds.

5. Fisher Is Maximized Against The Warriors

Fisher, a former member of the Warriors, frustrates Baron endlessly and cannot be outmuscled on the defensive end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw4rWb33z10

The above cheapshot (can't think of a gentler way to describe it) occurred in last year's playoffs during the middle of Fisher's emotional saga following his daughter's diagnosis of retinoblastoma.

Fisher is also one of the finest spot-up 3-point shooters in the game. He is the ideal parachute scoring option, especially to negate the zone defense that Golden State uses to crutch their deficiencies on the glass and up front.

...The Warriors are certain to win one game at home, the boost from playing at that arena is too significant to ignore or diminish, but I see the Lakers winning (decidedly) in five games, six games max.

On the other hand, if the Warriors drew New Orleans or Houston, I would declare them the favorites despite the seed discrepancy.
freaking took the words out of my mouth. Especially the last line. i was saying that earlier today in fact

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We already beat you guys when you had Bynum earlier this season. Remember Baron kissing the crowd? :D

And Pau? Who's Pau? He flops so much. Stephen Jackson pwns Pau and he was nothing to us when we had Jackson gaurd him when he was in Memphis.

I want the series to be Warriors-Lakers. I want revenge from the ridiculous call Bob Delaney made with Fisher the FLOPPER.
lol Fisher even called it a no-call.
he said the only reason the ref called it was because from his angle, Monta looked like he had pushed Fish to the ground. he did have his hands on fisher

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

check out that article i posted

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What about if the Lakers get the Nuggets in the first round?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This season, we swept Denver
we even beat them by 20+ without Bynum/Gasol
Well if I were the Lakers I'd be the most scared of them, even if you have been the better team in the regular season.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well if I were the Lakers I'd be the most scared of them, even if you have been the better team in the regular season.
to be honest, i'm more scared of GS than Denver

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I don't think the Lakers or the Pistons have any chance of doing more than one series win in the playoffs.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Your anti-Pistons/lakers bias is truly remarkable
even if your doing it to just piss us off.
truly remarkable

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Give me a fcking break CC. And you honestly think your g*dly Magic do?

I wouldn't be surprised if your Magic got beat in the Sixers in the 1st round.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Who says the Pistons won't play the 76ers once the Raptors come back? Raptors fell down to 7th without Bosh, now he's back and they beat the Pistons. Pistons don't have any consistent scorers. Lakers luck will run out.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the best you could say about the Lakers is our "luck will run out" LMAO

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We don't have a consistant scorer? Last time I check Hamilton is good for 20 every night. Our averages is what everyone gets every night.

You know jack sh!t about the Pistons man.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Considering the Lakers have been getting lucky calls all year, I think that's a reasonable statement. You're crazy if you think Bynum will make an impact.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Considering the Lakers have been getting lucky calls all year, I think that's a reasonable statement. You're crazy if you think Bynum will make an impact.

Weezy

MVP
Reaction score

Im not a lakers fan but i must say that Bynum will make an impact and the lakers will go deep in the west

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%