Danny Granger Named Most Improved Payer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
-Indianapolis Star
Indiana Pacers All-Star forward Danny Granger will cap off his stellar season today when he's named the NBA's Most Improved Player, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the situation.

Granger will be the third Pacer to win the award, joining Jalen Rose (2000) and Jermaine O'Neal (2002).

A team spokesman said they had no comment on the scheduled 11:30 a.m. news conference set for today at Conseco Fieldhouse.

The league waited to announce the award until Granger returned from his two-week vacation to Italy.

Granger, who signed a $60-million contract extension last October, finished fifth in the league in scoring at 25.8 points a game. He's the first player in league history to raise his scoring average at least five points a game for three straight seasons.

Granger's toughest competition for the award was likely New Jersey Nets point guard Devin Harris. Harris averaged 21.3 points and 6.9 assists.

Granger had 23 games of at least 30 points, including a career high of 42 points twice. Granger finished fourth in the league in fourth-quarter scoring behind LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade.

Granger, who has been invited to take part in the USA Basketball training camp, said he wants to be one of the league's top defenders, like James, Bryant and Wade, next season.

"Next year I'll have more of a commitment to it because you kind of get zoned out," Granger said at the end of the season.
It had to have been a really close vote between he and Devin Harris. I do think the voters got it right though. As good as Harris was this season, I think Granger was a little bit better. He didnt have another set scorer on his team like Harris with VC, AND Granger was top 5 in scoring only behind Kobe, Bron, Wade, and Dirk. All established superstars

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Well deserved, the only competition he for the award was Harris and he definitely improved more from last year to this year than Harris did.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
me and my mates have been wondering why this has been revealed after the MVP?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Deff deserving.

VC15

Reaction score
Well deserved, the only competition he for the award was Harris and he definitely improved more from last year to this year than Harris did.
I beg to differ, both players upped their PPG by six points from last year to now. But Granger did better without a supporting cast, but Devin is the better overall player IMO.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
I beg to differ, both players upped their PPG by six points from last year to now. But Granger did better without a supporting cast, but Devin is the better overall player IMO.
Yeah, I think Devin is still the better overall player of the two. But I just think that Granger improved a lot more than Devin did from last year to this year. Most people already knew that Devin was a pretty good PG before this season started, but I can't say the same thing about Granger.

VC15

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Devin is still the better overall player of the two. But I just think that Granger improved a lot more than Devin did from last year to this year. Most people already knew that Devin was a pretty good PG before this season started, but I can't say the same thing about Granger.
Granger averaged 20 PPG last year, and was arguably the star of the team then, but if Devin didn't get it then I'm happy that Granger got it.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me at all

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
me and my mates have been wondering why this has been revealed after the MVP?
He went on vacation to Italy
they were waiting for him to get back

V23

Team Save Us KB24
Reaction score
Good work, Daniel. You deserve it, if only for having to play for the Pacers, and almost literally carry the team on your back every trip up the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%