Could Panthers move Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Formerly one of the league's dominant receivers, Steve Smith is having a disappointing season along with the rest of the Carolina Panthers. On Sunday, Smith was limited to just one catch for four yards, and after the game he told the press, "I'm no longer an asset to this team," according to the Charlotte Observer.

On the contrary. In a purely speculative sense, he could be quite valuable as a trade chip.

There are several teams around the league who need a legit receiver, and with slim playoff hopes, the Panthers might do well to have an eye on their future. In that sense, it might be a good idea to call around and see what kind of value they can drum up for their top WR.

It's an unlikely scenario, to be sure, but we'll keep you posted if we hear more.

iInsulin

Reaction score
I'm sure they could, they have been awful. Running game got going last week, but against the Bucs it can't help that team too much. Smith is still an elite receiver, put him on almost any other team with a QB not named Delhomme and he would be having another great year. I'd like to see him get traded so he can actually play again, as long as he goes to a team that the Giants will not have to face in the NFC. I also highly doubt anything happens with him though.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I'm sure they could, they have been awful. Running game got going last week, but against the Bucs it can't help that team too much. Smith is still an elite receiver, put him on almost any other team with a QB not named Delhomme and he would be having another great year. I'd like to see him get traded so he can actually play again, as long as he goes to a team that the Giants will not have to face in the NFC. I also highly doubt anything happens with him though.
couldn't really say it any better

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
They should bring Steve Smith to New York. Steve Smith on one end and Steve Smith on the other, lol. But seriously Smith needs to get out of Carolina. I think he would be a great fit for the Bengals him and Carson Palmer would create an amazing duo. I could also see the Ravens since they always need WR help and Mason almost retired last season. Flacco throws a very nice deep ball that could benefit Smith a lot.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
He'll end up in New England <__<

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Come on over to Cincinnati, Smith. Ochocinco, Steve Smith, Chris Henry, Andre Caldwell, Chase Coffman. That would be great. I would also like to see us get Peppers for our hurt Odom.

But the Bengals are too cheap to make any moves because MIKE BROWN SUCKS!

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I doubt that they'll (Carolina) do anything before the season is over.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
lol who do the bengals have to trade for these people?

like nobody
Anybody on our defense and practically anybody on the offense besides Carson Palmer. Get rid of the whole team because we suck. Start from scratch and start over. We have good players on our team that a lot of people don't give credit to but we find ways to fail no matter what. This team has a <Censored>load of talent and fails every year thanks to the entire organization.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
He'll end up in New England <__<
I'll love to see that. Moss ~ Welker ~ Smith. We'd be able to drop more than 59 ton TB. But who could we move? 2nd Round Pick?

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
They could trade Gallow... O wait.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
The Patriots don't need anymore WR's or everyone would be history. Especially if it was Steve Smith...

soty

Reaction score
Well he didnt move so he is stuck with that horrible QB in Delhomme. Going to be a rough year for Smith which is why I am glad I traded as part of a deal for Marshall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%