Chris Henry to re-sign with Bengals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
Source: Henry headed to Cincinnati to sign deal with Bengals

espn.com

The Cincinnati Bengals are close to reaching an agreement with free-agent receiver Chris Henry, a source told ESPN.com Monday night. Henry is en route from Charlotte, N.C., to Cincinnati to sign a contract with the team as early as Tuesday, the source said.

Henry, a former Bengal, was released by the team following his fifth arrest in three years for an alleged incident that took place on March 31. But charges of assault and criminal damaging were later dropped, making him eligible to play in 2008.

Still, the NFL suspended Henry for the first four games of the season.

But the Bengals had shown interest in Henry since the charges were dropped. There was a feeling in Cincinnati that the team may have overreacted in cutting its former third-round draft pick before the judicial system ran its course.

The Bengals have struggled in the past when Henry was not on the field. Last season the team was 2-6 while Henry served an eight-game suspension and 5-3 during the second half of the season with Henry in the lineup.

Henry has 88 career receptions for 1,370 yards and 17 touchdowns as Cincinnati's No. 3 receiver behind Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Recently, Henry told ESPN.com he vows to stay out of precarious situations if given another chance.

"I'm just focusing on what I need to be doing off the field so I can keep doing what I do on the field," Henry said. "I just have to be smart and handle myself like a professional at all times. Off the field, if I'll handle situations like I'm supposed to everything else will take care of itself."

Sunday's shoulder injury to Pro Bowl receiver Johnson, in addition to a recent hamstring injury to Houshmandzadeh and a toe injury in rookie Andre Caldwell, may have prompted the urgency to sign Henry this week. Although Henry will not be eligible to play until October, the team needs more capable bodies in practice and during the rest of the preseason.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i guess they didn't learn their lesson... :shakes head:

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Oh here we go again. More distractions. He's a good football player no doubt but this team can't have someone like him that gets in trouble every week. I thought they were moving in the right direction. :headsmack: :headsmack: :headsmack: :headsmack: :headsmack: :headsmack:

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Oh here we go again. More distractions. He's a good football player no doubt but this team can't have someone like him that gets in trouble every week. I thought they were moving in the right direction. :headsmack: :headsmack: :headsmack: :headsmack: :headsmack: :headsmack:
He can't even play till October. :headsmack:

finally got rid of the cancer that has constantly brought negative spotlight to this team, and now were about to bring him back. :headsmack: This is a slap in the face to the receivers they just drafted this year.

So much for Marvins famous speech and so much for the bengals "moving forward and turning things around" This year though they managed to do it before the season even started. I would say that about ends Marvins time in cincy. His boss is going to make him eat crow to the fans and to the sharks in the media. That is not going to sit well I would think.

yep....thanks to another great move by this team, it makes it even harder for us bengal fans to have any smack worthable posts.

I'm just going to sit in the corner and save all steeler fans the trouble and just smack the living daylights out of myself

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
October or ever? for them to sign him means they are admitting mistake in releasing him.. this guy is nothing but trouble and will give them nothing but negative connotations..

bad move IMO and I agree with your edited comments COMPLETELY

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Well, from what I have read he lost his vehicle so you can rule out DUI's...and hit and runs...and throwing up out the window...and driving with a weapon (did I miss anything?) Oh, and giving booze to 15 year old girls.

Maybe he can go live with Mike Brown! He'll keep an eye on him...Brown obviously likes watching train wrecks....

THE BENGALS CUT HIM!!!

You can't cut a guy, say what they said about him, and then sign him back up a month or so later because you need a receiver!!

WHAT A JOKE.

It's not like Marvin earned any respect from this team anyway!? He let Chad punch him in the face for crying out loud!

Theres a quote from Bengals.com - If he screws up, he's done. It's a one-strike policy ~ defensive tackle John Thornton. LMAO. OK OK let me keep count of his convictions.. He only at FOUR right now.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard they may be getting a stadium built. Here's what it would look like:

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Wow that looks pretty cool. And if anything they should have signed a different WR. They said to much junk about Henry to get him back

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It was a joke Dice-J. LOL Thats where Alcatrez is and they have all the trouble makers on their team. Get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%