Chiefs Shopping LJ too

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From profootballtalk.com
At a time when the Chiefs are actively talking to other teams about a trade of tight end Tony Gonzalez, Jay Glazer of FOX reports that they also are shopping running back Larry Johnson.

It’d be a wise move to move L.J., as we pointed out in last week’s Ten-Pack for SportingNews.com. Really, who needs a high-end running back when the team is routinely going to be abandoning the run?

The problem is that the Chiefs will have a hard time finding someone to assume Johnson’s contract, and his reputation for surliness. (The other problem is that, barring a catastrophic injury on Sunday, no contending team needs a tailback of L.J.’s ilk. Except for maybe the Broncos, but the Chiefs would likely resist trading Johnson within the division.)

Johnson is signed for four more seasons, with base salaries of $2.5 million in 2008, $4.55 million in 2009, $5 million in 2010, $5.3 million in 2011, and $5.9 million in 2012.
Good news, if we can get rid of one or both him and TG and get possibly 2 or 3 more picks I'd be happy.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Eww, When LJ has 1750 In 9 games he started I thought he was the best, but nah, since then Interest in LJ has decreased.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LJ still has value. Look at his offense line. And remember 2 weeks ago he had 199 yards rushing and the week before that 124. And he's an emotional player so if he gets traded a to a winning team you know he'll be playing his best which is scary.

hitman99

Reaction score
LJ is gonna cost to much to finish a trade by tuesday. I could see them moving him in the off-season though to get a few picks but not before the trade deadline

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think LJ is going to be traded.

The Chiefs will most likely want a first round pick for LJ...which teams won't give up if they have to take on his hefty contract at the same time.

There's no doubt KC's broken O-Line has hurt LJ's stats...but he has also had some nagging injury trouble at the same time.

LJ can still be effective but for the price...and the few teams out there looking for a franchise RB, I just don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%