Bynum Cleared

Status
Not open for further replies.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
How about we put some substance behind these claims?
I myself think that Bynum is only going to be the third scorer on the team, maybe the fourth if Artest comes to town. But he was far from just being a role player before he went down. He was undoubtedly the second best guy on a very improved Lakers team before he went down. Averaging 17 and 13 in Jan. before he went down in JUST 28 mpg. Played one game full time, 35 minutes and put down 25 and 17. Provided he comes back full force idk why you're trying to put down Lakers fans for being happy that he's coming back? He wasn't just getting lobs either like Tyson Chandler does, during those big strides he was taking as the season went on he was using his back to the basket more and creating shots for himself. He's also a big force defensively inside as well. People also say he's overrated defensively, 2bpg? And not just that according to 82games.com the stats say that manning up on his guy he was the best defending big man in the league behind only Dwight Howard.
Thank you.. and I agree with everything that was said right there (including him being the 3rd scorer on the team next year).

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
At this point in Bynum's career he is a tad overrated. Thats only b/c some games he showed promise of becoming a superstar, and others you forget he played.

He is a role player, BUT role players are ESSENTIAL to a teams success, and Bynum along with Gasol in the post is a VERY good duo, not to mention they also have the best player in the worl on their team. Idk about the Lakers winning the championship with Bynum, but think of it like this:

They got ther without him, what do think they'll do with him back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%